Does amazon ship headphones to Australia?? if not, where can I get it with 'Amazon price"??
Jul 30, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #2 of 61
not all the sellers do. usually under the price it says how many "new" units there are. click on that and you will see all the sellers, with the lowest price being up top, you can then see under the seller's name if they have "international" shipping rates. but even then they might not ship. i usually put a few sets of items form different sellers in my cart, then during check out when you specify the delivery address it will say which ones cannot be shipped... finally, some sellers have really high shipping rates, so good luck.

Jul 30, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 61
Stick with the national seller because to do that price with shipping would include like $15 shipping and then some import fees
If you want them faster, it would double that.

So just stick with your nationality and try to shop around

Jul 30, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #4 of 61
It doesnt look like the HD515 ships to Australia, no. If you put them in your cart and enter an Aussie address it will tell you "[Product] cannot be shipped to the selected address" and the 3rd party sellers all only list domestic shipping rates, not international.

Stick with the national seller because to do that price with shipping would include like $15 shipping and then some import fees

Shipping is more like around $10 (My HFI 680s are currently on their way for $11 shipping) and there are no import fees to australia for that sort of product. Generally there are no import costs, taxes, etc, unless the order (including shipping costs) is over $1000.

Jul 30, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #7 of 61
I think the reason Amazon won't ship Sennheiser headphones to Australia is that Sennheiser doesn't allow it. And this is to protect Syntec (the Australian distributor of Sennheiser).

Jul 31, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #9 of 61
Please do not defeat the filter.

Look for some of the remailing companies. They provide a US address for the merchant to ship to, then remail it to you.

There was a thread about them in the Member's Lounge a year or two ago.

Jul 31, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #10 of 61
-@sulkoudai

I feel your pain - a headphone habit in Australia is a very expensive past time. Down here in Melbourne you'll find the following prices for some of the higher tier models :-

Denon D2000 - $649AUD over the counter in Melbourne

Sennheiser HD800 - $1950AUD over the counter in Melbourne

Sennheiser HD650 - $700AUD over the counter in Melbourne

AKG K701 - $599AUD over the counter in Melbourne

We all have different tastes when it comes to headphones, but can I strongly recommend that you try out the
HD515 before purchase - these headphones leave a lot to be desired admittedly there is so much better further up
the Senn' line of products but this is one headphone that left me completely and utterly baffled. I found them to have
no redeeming qualities against other headphones in their price range of RRP $100-$150AUD.

Yes even at $85AUD, I'm struggling to put forth an objective opinion here.

Jul 31, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #11 of 61
That's so crazy! Don't get ripped off by purchasing at that prices, there are still plenty of other online distributors that you could buy at reasonable prices. I was lucky to purchase an 1 day old 'used' LCD-2 ver 2 with ALO reference 8 copper cable from a high rep head-fi seller, yep it is used, but nothing is different than a brand new one except it's not your name on the receipt. And I did save few hundred bucks from listed prices as well as custom fee if they were imported, shipped to Australia, thanks to the seller's custom claim.

Jul 31, 2011 at 8:43 AM Post #13 of 61
Some headphones on amazon does ship to Australia, like some of the Ultrasones. There is a few sites on the internet that sells headphones in USD and does international shipping, I've never ordered from them but I'll give you some links anyway. 

http://www.audiocubes.com/
http://www.accessoryjack.com/
http://www.headphone.com/index.php

Jul 31, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #14 of 61

Quote:
If you want them faster, it would double that.

So just stick with your nationality and try to shop around

You have no idea how much stuff cost here in Australia.  Headphones here are usually double that of the US price in terms of the price tag alone, and with now the AUD being worth MORE than the USD, this usually works out to be 2.5 times more.  

If I'm to order a pair of HD800 from the US and have it express posted here I would probably still save about 500 bucks compared with buying local.

Jul 31, 2011 at 9:56 AM Post #15 of 61
Yeah, its true. I'd rather buy from a international dealer than a Aussie local one if the margin is considerable, but sometimes, buying stuff from a Aussie dealer is better that is the case of my GT2 & Clubsport pedals. They are listed for about $530 USD, but that bundle is $799 AUD in Australia, about $850-870 USD thanks to the strong AUD. But after reconsidering about its weights and shipping cost due to large dimension and weight, which is about more than $200 through a buying stuff from US site, not even a distributor, I just thought it was not worth it to save about $100 because of warranty purpose. And it was proved a right decision, after 3 weeks of playing, there were some defects detected on my GT2 wheel, I contacted the local distributor, sent the defective wheel back, and received a brand new replacement, all are just in a week. Sometimes supporting local business is better, beside that you'll get supported effectively, and faster, wondering if I had to send back my GT2 wheel to US, it would cost me at least 100 bucks of shipping fee, and have to wait for a month for replacement, fixing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back