Do You Guys Take Your Mid-Fi/High End Headphones Outside of the House Or Do They Live Inside Only?
Nov 15, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #49 of 66
My Pro 900 get field trips out to libraries quite often but they stay home for anything else.

Besides that, I stick with IEM's. Not mid-fi but I used to use a M50 on public transport all the time.

Nov 15, 2011 at 8:23 AM Post #51 of 66
Use my Denon's when I'm on my way to uni. But for other uses that involves moving, i use my AKG's. Not a fan for IEM's, but would love to have a pair of m50s to wear on the outside.

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #52 of 66
I rarely ever use iems. No matter where i am sound quality comes first so i use full size everywhere. Even if it is inconvenient.

Nov 17, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #53 of 66
I keep my headphones in my apt. They cost too much to be taking some where, I also dont need some one taking it or it rain and killing them.

Nov 17, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #54 of 66

Quote:
I keep my headphones in my apt. They cost too much to be taking some where, I also dont need some one taking it or it rain and killing them.

Rain - the primary reason why I wear only inexpensive (but good sounding) headphones outside.
Second reason - no need to draw a whole lot of attention focused on my headphones

Nov 18, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #55 of 66
There are very few reasons for me to even have my Stax Lambda leave the home. I mean, they can't even be driven portably (unless I get my hands on an SRD-X and some batteries that'll fit, which would be unpleasantly bulky), not to mention they're quite open and leak a lot.

Portability is actually the reason I keep the HTF600 around after the review phase, and if anything happens to them, I'm only out $35, as opposed to $250+.

Nov 18, 2011 at 8:14 AM Post #56 of 66
Yes.  I can't resist taking my Grados with me everywhere I go, even on buses.  Yes, I feel bad that everyone has to listen to my music, but not bad enough to go the whole day every day without the sound quality.  I've even taken my Sennheiser HD600s out on the town a few times, to be honest.  

Nov 18, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #57 of 66

Quote:
Yes.  I can't resist taking my Grados with me everywhere I go, even on buses.  Yes, I feel bad that everyone has to listen to my music, but not bad enough to go the whole day every day without the sound quality.  I've even taken my Sennheiser HD600s out on the town a few times, to be honest.  

A Grado man has to do what a Grado man has to do.. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back