Do You Guys Take Your Mid-Fi/High End Headphones Outside of the House Or Do They Live Inside Only?
Nov 12, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #16 of 66

Quote:
I'm hoping someone posts the portable K-1000 photo.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mine stay inside all the time.
On the go, it is either the Shure e3c or Sony MDR-7509HD.

I posted it, and captioned it.

Nov 13, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #17 of 66
I just bought a Panasonic RP HTF-600 to take out, I don't like taking my K702 out much..

Nov 13, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #18 of 66

Quote:
In other news, a man carrying a bizarre "portable audio rig" was perceived as a bomb threat, NYPD say.

thats messd up

this picture  however.

so much win!!!

Nov 13, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #20 of 66
ive taken my sr 325 outside before. the thick cable is awkward tho, so i just use my monster turbine golds or rarely, my ue700

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #22 of 66

Quote:
ive taken my sr 325 outside before. the thick cable is awkward tho, so i just use my monster turbine golds or rarely, my ue700

I've done that before ~ the look on other people's faces on the tram or train is priceless  

'Who is that strange person with the garden hose leading into those metallic looking headphones?' 

Nov 13, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #23 of 66
The look was probably related to the fact that they could hear everything you were listening to. 

I love my Grados but wouldn't dream of taking them on a train or bus, not everybody wants to listen to my music

Quote:
I've done that before ~ the look on other people's faces on the tram or train is priceless  

'Who is that strange person with the garden hose leading into those metallic looking headphones?' 

Nov 13, 2011 at 6:38 AM Post #24 of 66

Quote:
The look was probably related to the fact that they could hear everything you were listening to. 

I love my Grados but wouldn't dream of taking them on a train or bus, not everybody wants to listen to my music

It's funny you know ~ leakage is worse on the 325i ~ I attest to being guilty to the scenario above, but I can get away with it on the SR80i's
on a packed train.

Plenty of others with i-buds somehow blaring me out 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 13, 2011 at 6:47 AM Post #25 of 66
Quote:
In other news, a man carrying a bizarre "portable audio rig" was perceived as a bomb threat, NYPD say.

I think that's one of the best pictures I've ever seen here.  K1000s are better than many consumer-grade speakers I've heard.

I only take IEMs out.  Headphones are a bit too bulky, and IEMs seem to deal better with being tossed into a laptop bag and general travel abuse.

Nov 13, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #28 of 66
headphones home+hotels but inside only.
iems outside like ... anytime i step outside i got one pair pluged. I never dared to walk outside without music, imagine for a sec that somebody tries talking to me, what would i do????
eek.gif

Nov 13, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #29 of 66

Quote:
headphones home+hotels but inside only.
iems outside like ... anytime i step outside i got one pair pluged. I never dared to walk outside without music, imagine for a sec that somebody tries talking to me, what would i do????
eek.gif

Can't help you man. I would be to stunned to say anything. I mean people actually converse when their out and about? Thats new to me.

Nov 13, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #30 of 66
I wear all three of my headphones to school, few people say they are big, and say they must have a lot of bass for being so big.  I don't use them as a fashion accessory but as an anti-social accessory.  Doesn't work all the time though, i don't know why they think i want to talk to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back