Do u have real-life friends in this hobby?
Jan 19, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #62 of 84
Just one, I was pleased to find out that one of my co-workers was into headphones when we started talking about sound cards one day. Every once and a while I bring the hobby up to an aquantance but they usually look at me odd. Like: why in the world are you spending more than $30 on headphones. the conversation usually ends when they tell me about how they listened to some Bose at Best Buy and how great they sounded.

Jan 19, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #63 of 84
All my friends think I'm weird for paying $22 for my Beyers. I didn't even tell them they were backup headphones.
Edit: I almost convinced one of my friends to buy some DT440s and a Fiio E5, but he got sidetracked.

Jan 21, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #67 of 84
Yeah I have one friend in this hobby who has done a lot of DIY work but hasn't actually owned too much else.

Jan 23, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #69 of 84
I'm lucky that in the obscure city I live in, I met another head-fi'er around the corner from me! I sometimes drag all my gear around to his place and we try things out.

Other than that, I have a friend who moved back to Canada from Australia (so I'll probably never meet him in person again) who I chat to on Skype about hi-fi gear.

Chatting via MSN or the like to other head-fi'ers can be good too.

Jan 24, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #70 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have 1 1/2 friends that are audiophiles of some type.
One has a really nice home system and senn 650s, and the other thinks hes an audiophile, but isnt...lol, but i appreciate the effort.
smily_headphones1.gif

Is the 1/2 of a person a woman? I'm sorry I couldn't resist the family guy reference.
biggrin.gif

Sadly, I have no fellow audiophile friends.

Jan 24, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #71 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigglybootch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no friends in this hobby. Of course, I really don't have any friends in general, so there you go.

Ditto. I guess i am too weird. I find it much harder as you get older. People tend to be suspicious of older single males who lack the reassuring marks of conformity, especially in the area where i live- it is world famous for its bigotry.

At the last head Fi meeting I was publicly described as "some weirdo". That hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back