Do u have real-life friends in this hobby?
Jan 24, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #76 of 84
Nobody - My dad can't tell the difference between a 500 rig from his zune => zune buds, my mom doesn't even listen to music and thinks I'm a shopaholic, my sister has a D2 and RE2s, but I'm pretty sure the main reason is because she wants to be different from the other kids (all the high school kids having ipods and ibuds.)

Much of my friends are too busy playing WoW. They spend much of their money on going out and getting dumb (alcohol etc) and paintballing, which they are terrible at. Only one that showed a slight interest in headphones was a friend who was into competitive gaming.

But I have a lot of other hobbies (piano, sports, cards, etc) so it's not too bad.

I should really start going to local meets though, I think there are plenty of them in the Bay.

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:22 AM Post #78 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and as monkey points out, sometimes you don't meet good people, but you meet drunk lawyers, which is almost as good...

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...and useful during late-night hotel shenanigans.

Oh do tell! I am sure many of us newbie's would like a heads-up for CanJam 2009
popcorn.gif

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #79 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by balderon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh do tell! I am sure many of us newbie's would like a heads-up for CanJam 2009
popcorn.gif

What happens at CanJam stays at CanJam.

I've made wonderful friends through this hobby. Many of them were at CanJam 08, and I'm looking forward to 09.

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #80 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What happens at CanJam stays at CanJam.

I've made wonderful friends through this hobby. Many of them were at CanJam 08, and I'm looking forward to 09.

Me too. I was at the local meet, totally coffeed out-same venue as Canjam will be and way to focused on comparing tube amps. I should have paid more attention to socializing, which i will do at Canjam.

I did end up ordering a tube amp at least out of the whole thing. What? Huh? Well you would have to if you'd had a quart of mud coffee before hand and were shaking like a leaf. Didn't you know, coffee is the legal drug because it promotes consumerism.
o2smile.gif

Jan 26, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #82 of 84
I have one friend at school who is into hi end audio and so is his dad. My uncle and cousin are also into it and I talk to them about it whenever we get together.

Jan 26, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #83 of 84
Only one. I really like that he is into obscure stuff. I really enjoyed listening to his K240 and reel-to-reel player, really great experience that I doubt I would have had by now otherwise. He also is more into building speakers, but he really likes to DIY and mod stuff too, so I enjoy my brief visits from time to time. He also does not hang out on head-fi, but I can understand why with his path in the hobby (DIY turn tables and speakers aren't as often discussed here if you are wondering).

I also agree that I like to chat online with others in the hobby, some really great people in this hobby.

Jan 26, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #84 of 84
The sky is too vast for someone to live alone... LOLZ I'd like to think so

Users who are viewing this thread

Back