Do 'High-End' Audio cables matter?
Jan 26, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #1,126 of 1,128

Quote:
So you do not share anything you think? You just view something and then infform what you read without any personal input?

Sorry if I did not make this clear.

This thread is located at science forum. To make a claim, you will need to support it with evidences. i.e., if you say that you saw an UFO, prove it to us.

If you want to share things that you personally feel is true and wants to share that experience with other people, don't come to a science department and yell at the scientists.
There are other plenty of forums within head-fi that allow you to do that.

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #1,127 of 1,128
No. In this forum, users try to support their words with actual, measurable, repeatable, testable evidence, or at the very least good inductive and deductive reasons using applied scientific theories which *could* be tested. But thanks for playing. Please enjoy the rest of the website. :)

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #1,128 of 1,128

Quote:
This thread is located at science forum (sadly it wasn't initially but got moved here because the 'scientists' just swamped in and took control of it).

At other forums in head-fi, you are welcome to share your personal anecdote but not over here.

Thus, if it makes you feel better, you can share your experience at other threads in other sub-forums and treat this thread as some sort of sterile laboratory.

I don't recall anyone, ever, making these rules. There is no requirement, anywhere in the Terms of Service, Posting Guidelines or elsewhere stating any requirement for the types of discussion permitted in this forum.

That being said, this particular forum is for the discussion of science. It is not for the railroading of opinions by people or groups with a particular belief. I say this to everyone, not just you.

Quote:
Heh, I'm quite happy for people to hear differences between cables/amps/DACs just as long as it's under controlled conditions.
When it is under completely uncontrolled conditions...it doesn't really show anything of use.

Whose thread was this originally? Are you the arbiter of the rules here? I don't think so. If that was not the intent of your post, it sure seems like it was.

Quote:
Quote:
So you do not share anything you think? You just view something and then infform what you read without any personal input?

Sorry if I did not make this clear.

This thread is located at science forum. To make a claim, you will need to support it with evidences. i.e., if you say that you saw an UFO, prove it to us.

If you want to share things that you personally feel is true and wants to share that experience with other people, don't come to a science department and yell at the scientists.
There are other plenty of forums within head-fi that allow you to do that.

Again, this rule doesn't exist, anywhere.

This was the original post: 

Quote:
I was doing a little research on the net and so far i've gotten mixed reviews.
There was one experiment where the test subject couldn't tell the difference between a monster cable and a cheap wire.

I'm using the SR71B + Algorhythm Solo + Audeze LCD2 + iPad.

Do you think cables are worth it? I saw Jude using upgraded cables with his portable rig.

Indeed, it wasn't made in this forum. As the discussion has moved away from the original topic, I'm closing this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back