Do 'High-End' Audio cables matter?
Nov 5, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #661 of 1,128

Quote:
Did hell just freeze over?
wink.gif

Naaah. Only got down to 36 here this morning.
biggrin.gif

se

Nov 5, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #662 of 1,128

Quote:
Quote:
I now say that the answer to the original question is yes, they do matter, to some people some of the time in some systems. But they are not guranteed to work for anyone and even when they do the results will potentially be different for different people.

Care to speculate as to the mechanism behind such differences?
biggrin.gif

Not being deaf?
biggrin.gif
 Totally joking here and just balancing the equation. LOL, I'll go with that consensus.

Nov 5, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #665 of 1,128
Thought you gents might find this article interesting.

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/visits/shunyata_visit_interview.htm?utm_campaign=&utm_medium=email&utm_content=%25%25xtlinkname%25%25&utm_name=musicdirect+soundbytes+issue+%23492h+11-4-11

Nov 5, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #666 of 1,128
Quote:

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/visits/shunyata_visit_interview.htm?utm_campaign=&utm_medium=email&utm_content=%25%25xtlinkname%25%25&utm_name=musicdirect+soundbytes+issue+%23492h+11-4-11

Wake me when someone who doesn't sell power cables gets his hands on it.

Nov 5, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #670 of 1,128

Quote:

I was reading that article impartially until I noticed they're glorifying a $6600 wooden rack on the first page, that is supposed to make your music sound better... and they even call it cheap.

It's a rack, guys, a rack.

Probably not wise to get into the whole microphonics debate - that's a whole separate issue.

6 moons though definitely offer you Kool-Aid.  racks aren't the most outrageous tweaks they market (and with tube amps racks have an influence on the performance of equipment)  Anyone who wants to read about a $6k rack already drank the whole jug of Kool-Aid and asked for seconds.

Nov 5, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #673 of 1,128

Quote:
Put a turn table on a shelf from K-mart. Play a song with some thundering bass. See what happens.

well ofc don't buy the cheapest thing out there...

but any sturdy enough wood will work ok

Nov 5, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #674 of 1,128

Quote:

I found it to be nothing but smoke and mirrors. Not one iota of meaningful information in that article.

If they wanted to demonstrate something meaningful, they'd show the effects on the performance of an actual piece of audio equipment. But they don't. Instead they only focus on the power cord dog and pony show.

Care to guess why?

se

Nov 6, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #675 of 1,128

Quote:
Put a turn table on a shelf that costs $6,600. See your wife murder you in your sleep.

Lol, that's objective truth in it's purest sense.  Completely irrefutable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back