DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions
Oct 13, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #2,026 of 4,456
Wanted to give props to Donald for tech support over the weekend via email.....he responded quickly and got my Stratus back online after a faulty rectifier shorted the fuse.  I just need to find more time to spend with my equipment, the testing period of 30 min made me curse the kids' friends' b-day parties I had to leave the amp for.  Thanks again Donald for making our lives that much better/easier.

Oct 13, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #2,027 of 4,456
  Wanted to give props to Donald for tech support over the weekend via email.....he responded quickly and got my Stratus back online after a faulty rectifier shorted the fuse.  I just need to find more time to spend with my equipment, the testing period of 30 min made me curse the kids' friends' b-day parties I had to leave the amp for.  Thanks again Donald for making our lives that much better/easier.

what is the LCD X like with the stratus compared to HD800? 

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #2,028 of 4,456

Had the same problem with my Stratus after my Sophia 274B rectifier gave way and blew my fuse, TWICE.

Donald was responsive even as he responded late at night in the US which I really though I give a thumbs up for. Not sure if this is any relevant for Stratus owners out there but Donald did mentioned that the 274B isn't a perfect match for the Stratus based on electrical specs.

Now it's back to my stock rectifier and U52 rectifier which seems to be holding up so far. 

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #2,029 of 4,456
  what is the LCD X like with the stratus compared to HD800? 

IMO, the magical combination thus far out of my headphone inventory with the Stratus really has been the HD800.  It is a great amp that does well with a lot of headphones, LCD-X included, but the signatures just complement each other so well with the HD800.  That being said, the LCD-X is as you'd imagine.....got similar undertone as the LCD-3/LCD-2 but more revealing and doesn't feel as dark as the predecessors....I'm glad Audeze didn't deviate too far from the LCD-3 and just improved on what's needed for the people who like their house sound.

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #2,030 of 4,456

I agree! Thumbs up for Donald's aftersale service based on my experience after I shorted my Stratus's fuse due to a faulty power distributor.

Oct 14, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #2,031 of 4,456
Had the same problem with my Stratus after my Sophia 274B rectifier gave way and blew my fuse, TWICE.

Donald was responsive even as he responded late at night in the US which I really though I give a thumbs up for. Not sure if this is any relevant for Stratus owners out there but Donald did mentioned that the 274B isn't a perfect match for the Stratus based on electrical specs.

Now it's back to my stock rectifier and U52 rectifier which seems to be holding up so far. 
Damn! Thanks for the warning. I guess I'll have to put my Sophia 274b up for sale then. It sounded great on the Stratus. :frowning2:

Oct 14, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #2,032 of 4,456
Damn! Thanks for the warning. I guess I'll have to put my Sophia 274b up for sale then. It sounded great on the Stratus.
frown.gif

It's a pity as I actually enjoyed it previously, though I figured my Sophia 274B is about to give way which could have contributed it causing the fuse to blew.

Oct 14, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #2,034 of 4,456
  Just ordered the Ken Rad VT-244 and Voshkod Super Cryo 6N1P-EV based on the great recommendations on the thread. I'll report back when I've compared with the RCA 5U4G and 6BQ7A that I use with the Sophia's.

Did you go to can Jam?

Oct 14, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #2,037 of 4,456

Users who are viewing this thread

Back