DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions
Nov 29, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #3,707 of 4,456
Psvane doesn't have a good reputation for good sounding tubes.

I have never heard that sound quality was an issue. If what I have read is true, then the new construction may help with the reliability issue's. It's an entirely new concept.

Guess I will find out. Order placed.

More photo's, spec's and info here: http://en.psvane.com/info-11-285.html

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #3,708 of 4,456
I liked the WE275, not my favourites but nothing wrong with them. I just preferred other tubes. Now the fact that were're getting new 2A3s is kinda amazing but I don't like how they keep insisting they're the best.

Nov 30, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #3,709 of 4,456
They do make it sound like they've reinvented the wheel. I hope they do live up to their claim.

"In the Acme Series, we have a number of patents, and also write a new chapter in our audio vacuum tube field: The very first style of high-power vacuum tube (Acme 845, 805, 211, etc.) >with composite metal mesh screen pole structure< in the world, >graphite and metal wire mesh combined skillfully<, make the sound very warm and transparent. >Even at 600℃ temperature , the stress and thermal expansion coefficients of the two materials are< in harmony, not only the sound is very >steady<, but also >the power reserve and service life are also greatly increased;<"

For $625 a pair I expect a certain quality. Obviously they don't look very robust, but in this case, is less more?

New update from Grant Fidelity - Pre-Order shipping update: We expect to receive ACME stock from factory by Dec 10th and after 2 business days of re-testing, shipping will start (mostly likely by Dec 13th)! If you haven’t entered your pre-order, please do so ASAP as rebate will only be available for pre-orders paid in full before shipping date!

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #3,710 of 4,456
I always enjoy reading the product descriptions originally written in Chinese and then converted to English. I'm personally not annoyed by claims of perfection. It appears they were attempting to improve on every aspect of the tube and, if they have used better materials and patented processes, then they may be the best quality currently manufactured tubes. RubyTiger can let us know how that affects the sound quality. Thanks to him for taking one for the team to share with the rest of us.

On a similar note I recently purchased the new KR 5U4G and find it to incorporate all the things I like about my U52 and the EML 5U4G in a single tube. Expensive but I am quite satisfied with the purchase.

Dec 2, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #3,711 of 4,456
I didn't listen the Stratus for some months and was easy to think can put it for sale, but now I turned it on with Jazz......I can't do it!

stratus_183808.jpg

Attachments

• stratus_183819.jpg
    stratus_183819.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 0
Dec 2, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #3,712 of 4,456
Big secret, where did you find a KR 5U4G? What price for one?

Dec 3, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #3,714 of 4,456
Big secret, where did you find a KR 5U4G? What price for one?
I've had a few ask about this. I ordered from BEST300B.COM. Cost was 399 Euro plus shipping. Not cheap. It was packed incredibly well and arrived quickly. Almost laughable how big the box was and amount of foam packaging knowing there was a single audio tube inside.

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #3,715 of 4,456
Officially on the team. I received my Stratus on friday.
Congrats. The Stratus is a great amp, and I have missed mine since I sold it.

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #3,716 of 4,456
Congrats. The Stratus is a great amp, and I have missed mine since I sold it.
How do you like the sound so far? I've been considering it for my incoming DAC. Which other rectifiers have you used in the past?

Dec 5, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #3,717 of 4,456
I've had a few ask about this. I ordered from BEST300B.COM. Cost was 399 Euro plus shipping. Not cheap. It was packed incredibly well and arrived quickly. Almost laughable how big the box was and amount of foam packaging knowing there was a single audio tube inside.
They seem to have a premium version available now for an extra 100 euros. I have nice NOS, but want to buy KR and Sophia 2A3s and maybe EML and KR 5U4G

Dec 5, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #3,718 of 4,456
They seem to have a premium version available now for an extra 100 euros. I have nice NOS, but want to buy KR and Sophia 2A3s and maybe EML and KR 5U4G

I have a never used pair of KR 2a3 that I have cryo-treated to lower the noise floor and improve dynamics. PM me if you're interested. I'll sell them at a very reasonable price. I also have Sophia 2a3s that are like new and others with about 200 hours.

Dec 5, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #3,719 of 4,456
Article about the KR 5U4G's: http://hifiknights.com/reviews/sources/lampizator-pacific-the-glassy-story/ One should keep in mind his equipment is a DAC. The RK Limited Series is their top of the line.

300b had this to say, "I’d say that the KR rectifiers can by characterised as controlled bass and good 3 dimensionality. Not euphoric. The main difference is zirconium coating - we think that's the key to the elusive "magic" of the sound."

I see the KR Lampizator Anniversary Series here: https://shop.best300b.com/products/kr-5u4g-lampizator

And the ultra built RK Limited Series here: https://shop.best300b.com/collectio...ted-series/products/kr-5u4g-rk-limited-series Burn in time is 100-200 hrs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back