DNA Stellaris
Sep 15, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #376 of 683
Do you have the output specs for speakers ?

Printed specs:
Power Output: 3W rms into 8 ohms (on 8 Ohm setting)
Output Impedance: 3 ohm (Low setting), 8 ohm (High setting)

So, typical-ish flea-watt 2A3 amplifier output, optimal for use with highly sensitive speakers. Though that wont prevent me from trying a few different output scenarios into other speakers.

Sep 15, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #378 of 683
I still haven't managed to demo the stellaris.. By the way, what's the stellaris special price?

Also, I note in one of the pics posted above, there is a switch for 5u4g and 422a. In my wa22, I can just swap these about without having to flick a switch. Question, if I have 274b tubes, can they be used without issue or this needs to be specifically configured during building of the amp?

Sep 15, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #379 of 683
Email me for pricing.

The Stellaris & Stellaris Special have more input capacitance than an original 274B can safely handle. An amp would have to be custom made to safely accommodate that rectifier.

Sep 15, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #380 of 683
Features of the Stellaris Special include:
• Upgraded Audio Note output transformers with 50% nickel cores, copper primary and silver secondary windings
• Audio Note silver tantalum plate-loading resistors
• Custom 41-step TKD stepped attenuator

See at the bottom of the Stellaris webpage: http://www.dnaudio.com/DNA-Stellaris-2A3-headphone-amplifier.html

Interesting. Does anyone know if the serial numbers parallel to the Stellaris or in series?

Sep 15, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #381 of 683
Parallel - they have their own series

Sep 16, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #382 of 683
Interesting. Does anyone know if the serial numbers parallel to the Stellaris or in series?

The SSpecial became available only recently, serial #2 I received in July. I didn't have any optional work done like ogodei did (such as support for other rectifiers or $$ NOS caps), and so far am using as a speaker amp, given its versatility, tho I'd ordered for use with headphones, but I have more speakers! The sound is wonderful.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #384 of 683
Each SSpecial also comes with its own matching, glowing platform to highlight how cool the amp and it's owner are.

j3zQtZbl.jpg
kNY2Eyol.jpg

You know you can not resist.

Sep 16, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #385 of 683
Each SSpecial also comes with its own matching, glowing platform to highlight how cool the amp and it's owner are.

j3zQtZbl.jpg
kNY2Eyol.jpg

You know you can not resist.

Is that for real, as in the platform comes with the amp? Looks awesome!

Sep 16, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #386 of 683
Is that for real, as in the platform comes with the amp? Looks awesome!

This should really be an option, right?

Actually it's something I had customed a while back when I had a different design for my stereo rack. Fits Stratus / Stellaris / SSpecial exactly. Forgot I had it until going through boxes today, I've got a huge, matching one for my TT somewhere. Will probably get sold. :slight_frown:

Until then its a fun '80s vibe, hard to photograph though.

dLFqRA6l.jpg

Sep 17, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #387 of 683
I got a pair of EML 2A3m and one needs to be replaced as well...Haven't contact JAC yet but it seems the process is not expected to be smooth. Have you got any update from JAC?
I received a response from Jac asking for more details about the problem and the serial no. of the tube. I provided that this past weekend and waiting to hear back.

Dec 10, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #390 of 683
KakaoTalk_20201129_165532979.jpg

Hello?
I recently bought DNA Stellaris as a good opportunity.

There's a very shocking.

I've used Utopia, Sennheiser HD800, akg k1000, Abyss 1266, susvara , D8000 and LCD-4Z.
By my standard, it's over 90% performance.(It's 90 percent, but it's probably the best?)

Abyss is really nice. It matches better than cavali audio liquid gold.

This amplifier has reduced my sleeping time. I'm so tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back