DNA Sonett Review
May 22, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #31 of 661

Quote:
Have you actually looked inside the amp? If you haven't, I wouldn't make that assumption. 

That is the reason it was a question not an assumption
popcorn.gif

May 22, 2010 at 9:01 AM Post #34 of 661
Nice review!
I quite like the DNA Sonett. Spent some time with it at the Stockholm meeting last year.

May 22, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #35 of 661

Nice review punkaroo, and congrats!  Sonett sure is a special amp.

In response to PP's post above, Sonett beat out my beloved WA6SE -  simply more refined.

nice to know it is better than wa6se, so i can assume it will be much better thanmy current wa6. Any one compare it with wa22?

May 22, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #36 of 661

Quote:
nice to know it is better than wa6se, so i can assume it will be much better thanmy current wa6. Any one compare it with wa22?

I know sound performace could not be judged by it's cost. So I would also curious if the DNA is competitive with the WA22 in terms of sound for almost double the price.

May 22, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #37 of 661

Quote:
I know sound performace could not be judged by it's cost. So I would also curious if the DNA is competitive with the WA22 in terms of sound for almost double the price.

I'm curious to find out myself too, that is the reason I'm going to pick up a balanced one soon. 

May 22, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #39 of 661

Quote:
Hope both would have good synergy with your PWD.
beerchug.gif

I will let you know next weekend. I should have the balanced Sonett early next week and the PWD scheduled to delivery on Thursday.
L3000.gif
  WA22, not in the near future as I took a detour to try the Sonett first.
mad.gif

I have high hope on the Sonett, "punkaroo"'s amazing review and "peanutheat" did said it is better than his WA6SE.  If it synergy well with my HD800, I may end up selling my PWD and and get gamma2 again to save a few bucks.

May 22, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #40 of 661

Quote:
brandnewgame: The reviews I've read on the Sonett have people raving about it, no matter WHAT can they have, even the finicky HD800s! I'm also going to post pics later for everyone's viewing pleasure
atsmile.gif
 I say do it! DOOO EEEEET!

Looks like I'm going to buy one. All I can say is, damn you, but in a way that I'll later thank you for 
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #41 of 661

Quote:
I will let you know next weekend. I should have the balanced Sonett early next week and the PWD scheduled to delivery on Thursday.
L3000.gif
  WA22, not in the near future as I took a detour to try the Sonett first.
mad.gif

I have high hope on the Sonett, "punkaroo"'s amazing review and "peanutheat" did said it is better than his WA6SE.  If it synergy well with my HD800, I may end up selling my PWD and and get gamma2 again to save a few bucks.

Congrats on your final decision, jc. They would be a good combo, look forward for your impression.

May 23, 2010 at 9:34 AM Post #45 of 661

Quote:
Sure, you may see a headliner on Boston newspaper that a wife killed her husband by smashing his head with an expensive headphone amp in the future.

If I buy ONE MORE THING, you'll see a Toronto headline with the same!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back