DIYMod -> RSA Mustang -> [Insert great-sounding, transparent headphones here}
Mar 1, 2011 at 10:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

roma101

Headphoneus Supremus
Requirements: closed, somewhat portable, and great isolation. I listen to pretty much all genres especially electronic and alternative rock.

I basically want headphones that can reach amazingly beautiful potential with my little rig here. Anyway, I appreciate any feedback I get. :cool:

Mar 1, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #2 of 11
Shameless bump. You guys definitely have more insight than I do and I would be most grateful for your help.

Been reading a little bit about ultrasone pro 900s. Any opinions on these pairing with diymod + mustang rig? If anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears. :p

Mar 2, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #4 of 11
EDIT: Well my budget is open (not that I have a lot of money at all after purchasing a diymod and mustang). I'm just interested in which headphones would be BEST for this specific rig. Meaning, which headphones would truly reach their full, noticeable potential with a solid source. The most transparent 'phones.

I mentioned the Pro 900's so that might give you an idea of what my budget is. $500-$600 or less. But really, I'm not trying to restrict the wide range of choices to price at the moment. My first priority is SQ and I will save up to get these 'phones.

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
Requirements: closed, somewhat portable, and great isolation. I listen to pretty much all genres especially electronic and alternative rock.

I basically want headphones that can reach amazingly beautiful potential with my little rig here. Anyway, I appreciate any feedback I get.
cool.gif

Considering how much money I spent on my rig, I'd like to get headphones that my rig will bring the best out of. As for my sound preferences, I listen to genres I listed in my OP. Pretty much everything - pop, R&B, some hip hop, but mostly rock/alt. rock/electronica. I need a great all-rounder. I like my bass and I like massive detail. Is that specific enough or is this too difficult a question? I thought headphones that are 'transparent to a good rig'  was easy enough to give me a list of headphones I should try. *shrug* Anyway, I hope this description helps anyone who wants to help me with suggestions. Thanks in advance. I'd really appreciate it.

Quote:
Don't you think you should choose your headphones according to your sound preferences instead of choosing ones that will suit your rig?

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #10 of 11
Roma, have you looked into the HD600 series? Senns have a dark sig, but great detail. Might be what you are looking for. 

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #11 of 11
Thanks Tom. I actually want them to be closed headphones for on-the-go, although at some point (when I have way more funds) I'll probably look into the HD650's or some awesome Grado's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back