DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3
Jun 3, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #166 of 678

Very great work thank you! Do you know if some options can be unhide e.g. in FW 2.1 we had the option in "Play settings" -> "Display mode" -> Cover, Lyric and ID3, can this be visible agian in FW 3.0, or it's like the scroll order hard coded? Or other question is there a way to hide elements in the main menu, e.g. hide "Favorites" / "Database" because if someone is only using the "Browse Folder" option? But anyway with your mod the UI improved a lot.

All the things you mentioned are hard coded, so it doesn't seem like there is anyway to hide/unhide anything (could use a blank gfx for fav, or database, but the x3 would still try to scroll to the selection anyways...probably would confuse alot of people)

Jun 4, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #167 of 678
Thank you for clarification, sad but if not changable I need to life with this.

Jun 7, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #169 of 678
Did you:
A) remove the old firmware file
B) put the new firmware on the SD card
C) checked that the name on the new firmware file is x3.fw and nothing else than that?

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #170 of 678
Did you:
A) remove the old firmware file
B) put the new firmware on the SD card
C) checked that the name on the new firmware file is x3.fw and nothing else than that?

Thanks for your check list. It was done on my tablet - downloaded, extracted and saved to SD card and it did not work.
Now I tried on PC and it works fine.

Jun 8, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #171 of 678
Thanks for your check list. It was done on my tablet - downloaded, extracted and saved to SD card and it did not work.
Now I tried on PC and it works fine.

Great, I'm glad it worked out for you.

Jun 11, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #172 of 678
Does anyone know if translating the characters after # will affect anything?
E.g. in the coordinate folder, there's list of coordinates/icons stating what certain coordinates will do.

<all_music_x>0</all_music_x>        #播放全部
<all_music_y>1</all_music_y>

If I changed it to:

<all_music_x>0</all_music_x>        #Volume Icon

<all_music_y>1</all_music_y>

Will it break anything? I know it's for documentation, I'm just curious if I can also implement the number icon somewhere else for future reference.

Also, I noticed the EQ still exists in the themes.. :)
I hope that means the EQ might be implemented again!

Jun 11, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #173 of 678
Does anyone know if translating the characters after # will affect anything?

E.g. in the coordinate folder, there's list of coordinates/icons stating what certain coordinates will do.

0        #播放全部

If I changed it to:

0        #Volume Icon

Will it break anything? I know it's for documentation, I'm just curious if I can also implement the number icon somewhere else for future reference.

Also, I noticed the EQ still exists in the themes.. :)

I hope that means the EQ might be implemented again!

the text behind the "<>" is there just for humans, the device doesn't use it, so you can change it as you please.

Jun 11, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #174 of 678
the text behind the "<>" is there just for humans, the device doesn't use it, so you can change it as you please.

So for clarification, would it be like this?

<music_rename_x>0</music_rename_x>        #播放全部
<music_rename_y>1</music_rename_y>

Jun 11, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #175 of 678
So for clarification, would it be like this?

0        #播放全部

No you can change #thisthing, not
Code:

Jun 11, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #176 of 678
Looking forward to a "Browse First" theme with a high contrast selector... I'll have to tinker a little with my limited skinning skills.
beerchug.gif

Second this. There are allot of X3 users out there that only browse files.
I would also like a high contrast selector. Using the X3 in the car with the stock 3.0 firmware feels dangerous. It takes too many button presses to get to the browse files section and I have to focus too much to see which line is selected.

Jun 11, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #177 of 678
Another question, is it possible to locally change font sizes? Not global for the entire player.

Jun 14, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #179 of 678
Hi,
as I like a lot the great theme made for FW2.1 by llision (FW2.1_llision_Green+Blue+OrangeFlat_20131206, see there), I have tried to merge this theme with the current FW 3.0, and here is the current result:
http://www.filedropper.com/x3-fw30-merged-with-llision-themeinbluevariant

It is replacing the first theme of the FW, but I have not changed the picture in the Theme settings, it is still shown as the orange one.

The main change compared to llision theme is the color: I used a kind of mix of blue lagoon and "electric blue", instead of green or orange (the blue made by llision was too dark for me). In fact, the blue is a RGB permutation from orange themes. I have made small tiny changes (like the Pause/Play icons or small change on the play bar) and I had to "replay" back and forth the startup animation from llision. Otherwise, everything is a mix of pictures and settings from llision and FiiO default FW3.0 themes (theme 1 and theme 2). So, If you like it, say thanks to llision and FiiO developers.

Note: I have also updated quite a lot the texts for French translation, and the default settings are tuned and different from the ones of the normal FW3.0.

Jun 14, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #180 of 678
After making my first theme .... it was not perfect but it was nice as a first try 
redface.gif
 ..... finished it and when i should click on pack.bat ... i clicked the unpack.bat again 
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif
 and every thing is gone !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back