DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3
Jun 14, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #181 of 678
Bummer...
Been there done that with other things before. :frowning2:

Jun 14, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #183 of 678
  now the new theme is not working !! .... don't know why !! ... it gives me a blank white screen after selecting the 6th theme which i over wrote on it !!

Did you happen to delete/rename any of the gfx. That happened to me when I tried getting rid of a file I though I didn't need. When the x3 couldn't find it, it just shot me a white screen.

Jun 14, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #184 of 678
what is gfx?? ... all what i modified or replaced is in .png with their original names .... my be that because i replaced some bg files that with horizontal lines with images that don't have that ??

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #185 of 678
  what is gfx?? ... all what i modified or replaced is in .png with their original names .... my be that because i replaced some bg files that with horizontal lines with images that don't have that ??

gfx = graphics, just shorter (although having to explain kinda blew that out of the water). As long as the names (and resolutions) are the same that shouldn't be the prob. If you're willing to post it anyways, I can try to help troubleshoot.

Jun 15, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #186 of 678
thanks a lot @Mr Trev for your help .... it seems i was very tiered yesterday............... after a good sleep today i discovered that i messed with the resolutions of the back grounds and succeeded to make a good one today 
beerchug.gif
 i think i can do better but it is very good as a start 
beerchug.gif

sorry i don't know how to take some screen shoots for theme but i will take some pictures for it 

BTW i love that Maxell photo and made it a back ground for the playing songs without album arts 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/we2cwf2iddgf3x3/x3.fw 

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #188 of 678
Great start Mmet!

Great idea to color code the volume arc. I might suggest green, yellow, red to indicate safe, moderate, and potentially dangerous volumes.
beerchug.gif

it is just a start to see how things will work .... but you are right about your suggestions and may be other colors too .... and also i made the battery icon changes its colors completely when charging during playing and usb dac mode ... i wish if i could change the the volume icon to a vertical bar too 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 15, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #189 of 678
it is just a start to see how things will work .... but you are right about your suggestions and may be other colors too .... and also i made the battery icon changes its colors completely when charging during playing and usb dac mode ... i wish if i could change the the volume icon to a vertical bar too :rolleyes:

Yes, a vertical overlay for volume, bass, treble, etc. would have been much better, IMHO. Even better, lose the overlay altogether for volume and just use the volume indicator in the top strip!

Jun 15, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #190 of 678
there is something weird .... when i want to combine my theme with Mr trev theme ... it didn't work and my theme was messed out !  it seems that icons forced to align vertically and its size is not suitable for that !

Jun 15, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #191 of 678
  there is something weird .... when i want to combine my theme with Mr trev theme ... it didn't work and my theme was messed out !  it seems that icons forced to align vertically and its size is not suitable for that !

I did crop/scale (seems you can go smaller) the icons in order to line up the way they are (if you could see the files in gimp, you'd see the background also overlap). If you're trying to use the original sizes nothing will line up (just take a look at themes 2-6 on mine). There could be a better way to make my theme, but this was the quickest way I could think of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back