DIY Planar magnetic heapdhones in details
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #211 of 464
I really want opinions of at least one top reviewer before taking money from anybody. Believe me, I don't want to take 300$ and leave a person with something he'll never use. 300, 3000 and even 30.000 won't change anything in my life. Making headphones that will be highly appreciated - will change much more.
I think that my experiment is successful, but it's only my opinion. I want to check whether experienced head-fe'ers share same opinion.
Contacted Tyll Hertsens from Innerfidelity.com a week ago, but unfortunately still no sign of interest from his side. I bet he receives such emails too often :wink:

Nov 20, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #214 of 464

Its a new blog started by @Hawaiibadboy that I'm a part of. I'm still a newbie to reviewing, my opinion wouldn't help you further your product to be fair. If you want to contact HBB you can do that on this site, or he has a YouTube channel that he does reviews on, you can see that HERE. I'd love to hear what he had to say about your headphones.

Nov 22, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #215 of 464
Ideally you would want someone who is reputable and has had good experience with high end gear such as the he-1000, lcd-3, ether flow, hd800s at minimum with good amps/dac so that they can make a valid evaluation on it's performance within the market.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #216 of 464
This is why Tyll is the obvious choice, since he also has published experience with a wide variety of DIY modded headphones and various prototypes from bigger companies too.
Being familiar with flagships alone isn't enough IMO. It's the sheer volume and variety of experiences across the spectrum that allows one to make justifiable evaluations.

Nov 23, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #219 of 464
just get someone to post in a new article comment section when a planar review shows up.

Nov 24, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #220 of 464
Definitely interested. Can't wait. I've been lurking for a while.
Could you tell us with what range of amps + dacs you've tested them so far. Would be awesome if you could give us some insight into your preliminary observations on what would be needed to power them properly before the reviewers give us their take on it.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #221 of 464
Hello SoniMax, first of all let me explain - I'm not a head-fier. I never had headphones and headphone amps\dacs. I'm a "stationary" audiophile :wink:
At home I listen my headphones from the speaker output of my Exposure amplifier and I like what I hear :wink: So I definitely recommend not to use headphone amplifiers with low sensitivity planar headphones - just use usual amplifiers for speakers.

But for sure I've tested my headphones with dedicated headhone gear.
What I can say - almost ok with Iphone. Rather well with Hifiman HM 603 and the best results with Flux Lab Solid One http://www.fluxlab-acoustics.com/Products/19

p.s. How to get in touch with Tyll?

Nov 27, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #225 of 464
Hello SoniMax, first of all let me explain - I'm not a head-fier. I never had headphones and headphone amps\dacs. I'm a "stationary" audiophile :wink:
At home I listen my headphones from the speaker output of my Exposure amplifier and I like what I hear :wink: So I definitely recommend not to use headphone amplifiers with low sensitivity planar headphones - just use usual amplifiers for speakers.

But for sure I've tested my headphones with dedicated headhone gear.
What I can say - almost ok with Iphone. Rather well with Hifiman HM 603 and the best results with Flux Lab Solid One http://www.fluxlab-acoustics.com/Products/19

p.s. How to get in touch with Tyll?
Thank you for the feedback. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back