DIY guide: making your own custom IEM sleeves/tips (56k, get outta here!)
Jan 18, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #63 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the idea of mineral oil, too (I forgot I had some that I had purchased for oiling my DE razor).

Yes, by the looks of the pics you haven't been using the razor for a while!
wink.gif

I thought you were going to use the clear tubes like a universal tip i.e. stick the re0 right into them so you got a good seal. Maybe if you could find a tube that would be a prefect fit when used like that? What about epoxy resin/ glue for the interior with a thin outside layer made of silicone?

Jan 18, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #64 of 78
Have you ever seen this thread?
Nozzle extension

It uses heat shrink to extend the nozzle on IEMs. Unfortunately, the pics do not work (they did about a week ago). I think this could be the next step.

I am not sure that you will ever get a great seal unless you are willing to seal the IEM in. Another thought: how about using silicone earplug material,
like this.

Inconvenient, but you might even be able to save you current trial this way.

Jan 18, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #66 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaw2ek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you ever seen this thread?
Nozzle extension

It uses heat shrink to extend the nozzle on IEMs. Unfortunately, the pics do not work (they did about a week ago). I think this could be the next step.

I am not sure that you will ever get a great seal unless you are willing to seal the IEM in. Another thought: how about using silicone earplug material,
like this.

Inconvenient, but you might even be able to save you current trial this way.

Another thing that should work is to take the inner plastic tubes from a pair of Comply tips and seal those into the silicone. I've got custom silicone tips sized for the outer ring of X10's, and I've used tubes from Complys to convert them for Westone 3's. It sounded great.

Jan 18, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #67 of 78
Bummer that they didn't work out this time around, but thanks for taking the time and effort to try this and document your progress TopPop! It's been an interesting read and I'm curious to see what others come up with.

Jan 21, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #71 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bandwidth exceeded!
biggrin.gif

Lamezors. I got an email saying that they'll be available again on the 29th of this month. lol

Jan 21, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #73 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder how long they'll last then.

Indefinitely. It's just that I've uploaded more pictures this month than my free account allows. lol

Jan 29, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #75 of 78
Pics are back up, if anyone is still interested.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back