DIY guide: making your own custom IEM sleeves/tips (56k, get outta here!)
Jan 18, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #49 of 78
Final updates and impressions have been written.

Vive la science!

Jan 18, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #51 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
awwwww

No, my friend. There is no "awwwww" with science, only "hmmmmm".
smile.gif

Jan 18, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #52 of 78
haha science. well it is disappointing it didnt work out but at least u tried

Jan 18, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #53 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, my friend. There is no "awwwww" with science, only "hmmmmm".
smile.gif

as a microbiology/psychology student I know first hand that there can too be an awww in science... such as awww dammit my lab station set fire and now I need to redo the whole thing.

I am really glad you gave this a try ^^, if I have time in the summer maybe I'll mess around and see what I can do.

btw, what gauge are your ears?
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2010 at 4:30 AM Post #54 of 78
Quote:

as a microbiology/psychology student I know first hand that there can too be an awww in science... such as awww dammit my lab station set fire and now I need to redo the whole thing.

lol True, true... but we don't really have that problem too often in linguistics.
tongue.gif

Quote:

I am really glad you gave this a try ^^, if I have time in the summer maybe I'll mess around and see what I can do.

GOOD ON YA!
beerchug.gif

Quote:

btw, what gauge are your ears?
biggrin.gif

2, for the win!

Jan 18, 2010 at 4:30 AM Post #55 of 78
Maybe there's a way to embed a universal tip inside of the custom? Like a small silicone tip, just so that when you put it onto your RE0 it will stretch around. Just a thought.

This is really cool, by the way. If I had the money and the time I'd certainly contribute, but school takes precedence.

Or maybe you need to make the "socket" a little smaller? That stuff (tape I assume?) you put on the RE0 widened its diameter a bit, so you'd need to compensate for that in the final product.

Jan 18, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #57 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

2, for the win!

woo! mine too!
k701smile.gif

Jan 18, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #59 of 78
Hi topPop, have you tried just using silicon as tips?
I think its more attainable rather than silicon as the whole housing.
given the material used, I believe it acts more as dampening rather than allowing the sound to reverberate along the housing.

Of course this is just me speaking out of my ass, but it'll be a cool experiment.

Jan 18, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #60 of 78
How about this?

Try make it a custom tip rather than a sleeve. Grab a new pair of silicon tips, stuff it in the top of the mold so they're still there when it sets. That should get you a perfect seal theoretically shouldn't it?

Then just jab something through the middle the hole in the silicon tip, perhaps make the hole smaller? Say.. use the ink tube of a ball-point pen? Obviously dont bend it like i drew in my pic but yeah, it could work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back