DIY Earbuds
Apr 9, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #841 of 4,720
New toys received today!! :D
*excited*

new_drivers.jpg

Apr 14, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #845 of 4,720
Guys what are keywords to find MMCX parts for earbud? My search returns mostly Bluetooth parts in aliexpress.

Apr 14, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #846 of 4,720
Guys what are keywords to find MMCX parts for earbud? My search returns mostly Bluetooth parts in aliexpress.

Try searching for "mmcx socket".

Apr 14, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #848 of 4,720
If it can help, here is the link of the MMCX PINs I always buy from ali (good seller and nice package, I recommend).
A bit expensive but didn't found cheaper for now for 10 pairs (at this exact dimensions). Excellent quality, and all my units are working perfectly for now :ok_hand:

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #849 of 4,720
If it can help, here is the link of the MMCX PINs I always buy from ali (good seller and nice package, I recommend).
A bit expensive but didn't found cheaper for now for 10 pairs (at this exact dimensions). Excellent quality, and all my units are working perfectly for now :ok_hand:
Thanks. I might try to get 2 pair. One for earbud and one to fix my xe800 iem.

Edit * maybe 3 pair, my piston also in dire need of repair (if I can find a way to open it.)

Edit 2

Those 150 ohm, is there any reference (to common earbud) in how they sound? Seems interesting

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #852 of 4,720
@spikyfugu
In each driver, you need to find a mark that identifies the side with the same polarity solder connector.

For example, in each of the 600ohm drivers (see photos), there is a RED dot that identifies the same polarity solder point side.
In the 150ohm drivers (see photos), the same polarity side is marked with a BLACK line (and some color painted in that side metal).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back