1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DIY Earbuds

First

Back
45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
Next

Last
  1. DBaldock9
    I've purchased a set of the same drives, but from DIY Earphone Tribe Store.
    They're in my earbuds parts bin, and I haven't installed them in any shells, yet.
    If the shells you put them in have the same tuning holes & dampening material as the original PK1 earbuds, then yours should sound pretty much the same.

hungphi93 and subwoof3r like this.
  2. HungryPanda
    They are pretty good drivers, I have made a couple of pairs with them

hungphi93, subwoof3r and DBaldock9 like this.
  3. subwoof3r
    Yesterday was time to finally MMCX my Snow Lotus 1.0 :smile_phones:

SL_box.jpg

SL1.0_MMCX.jpg

rahmish, HungryPanda and DBaldock9 like this.
  4. hungphi93
    Thank you for the suggestion.
    Do you mean dampening for #1 or dampening for #2 (tuning holes)? I think for tuning holes is easy to find instead of #1. I've been built PK2 before with different kind of #1 materials, the dense type will give more bass :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you so much! I've been ordered one pair and I still waiting for them :)

5. DBaldock9
    subwoof3r and hungphi93 like this.
  6. DBaldock9
    Well, both the driver dampening, and the shell dampening, should affect the sound of the earbuds.

hungphi93 likes this.
  7. hungphi93
    It would be a pleasure to ask you to propose some type of dampening :) Thank you

8. HungryPanda
    hungphi93 likes this.
  9. HungryPanda
    Good day all, I just got a hold of some 16mm drivers but I'm stumped as to which shells I could use

20190326_235509[1].jpg

10. DBaldock9
    Maybe 3D print some shells?

11. HungryPanda
    DBaldock9 likes this.
  12. DBaldock9
    While I don't have a printer myself, there's a local CreatorSpace / Maker Group, that has 3D Printers - http://creatorspace.org/
    The local county library also has 3D Printers - http://www.hcpl.net/content/3d-printing
    For either one, I'd probably have to install some open source CAD / Design Software on my PC.

Might be worth it, to check and see whether there's a Maker Group that's local to you.
    Or, check with Monoprice, to see about buying one of their inexpensive 3D Printers - https://www.monoprice.com/search/in...D Printers mand Accessories&TotalProducts=313

13. HungryPanda
    I don't think I have room for one really

DBaldock9 likes this.
  14. subwoof3r
    Dear Willsound MK2 ..sorry, it was your turn to get MMCX !! :)

MK2_MMCX_zoom.jpg

MK2_MMCX_global.jpg

15. HungryPanda
    Looking great

subwoof3r likes this.
First

Back
45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
Next

Last