DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread
Jan 14, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #1,127 of 10,535
  You can PM me, i stock the entire Viablue range, can also supply the connectors for the Alpha Dog.

I am extremely busy, so sometime a reply can take a day or two, so please bare with me.

Would there be any interest in black cotton sleeved OCC Copper litz, removes the need for having to sleeve wires yourself? I am placing a new order today, so if there was enough interest, i could get in a couple thousand extra meters and offer some great prices on it.

Ah awesome, thanks for the heads up. I'll get in touch with you this week.

Also I'd be down for some sleeved cable.

Jan 14, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #1,128 of 10,535
  You can PM me, i stock the entire Viablue range, can also supply the connectors for the Alpha Dog.

I am extremely busy, so sometime a reply can take a day or two, so please bare with me.

Would there be any interest in black cotton sleeved OCC Copper litz, removes the need for having to sleeve wires yourself? I am placing a new order today, so if there was enough interest, i could get in a couple thousand extra meters and offer some great prices on it.

I've yet to become a customer of yours, but I'd probably be interested in this.  I've been using some silk sleeved litz a bit recently with some success.  I've considered purchasing some cotton sheathing, so this might be a good solution for me.

I'll keep an eye on this thread in case you happen to go forward with this.

Interestingly my LOD cable using the HGA pure silver wires with cotton jacketing sounds the best to my ears.

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #1,129 of 10,535
I'm about to recable my audio technicas ath m50s.  The current cable has a jack that is 1/4" but can be twisted off to become a 1/8" jack.  I was wondering where I could find such a plug to use in a new cable? Preferably in Canada of course. Or could i salvage the existing connector?

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #1,130 of 10,535
EBay has some, so does Luna shops. They come with a screw on adapter.

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #1,131 of 10,535
I just finished making a cable for my T50RPs

I used a Neutrik NTP3RC-B for the headphone end and a ViaBlue T6s Small. Cable is a Mogami Neglex 2534 quad balanced cable.
Now I've got a question, I did this cable without soldering the copper ground shielding to the sleeve but rather I soldered the remaining two cables to the sleeve. Will that provide enough RFI shielding or should I have soldered the ground shielding or is it not necessary?

Jan 15, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #1,135 of 10,535
If I have time, I'll post a quick video later of how to twist the together.

But basically, instead of twisting them together, what you do is have one piece of cable in each hand, and cross them over each other, every time you cross it over pull it reasonably tight. Then it stays together.

Jan 15, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #1,136 of 10,535
If I have time, I'll post a quick video later of how to twist the together.

But basically, instead of twisting them together, what you do is have one piece of cable in each hand, and cross them over each other, every time you cross it over pull it reasonably tight. Then it stays together.

A video would be amazing!  Thank you so much!

Jan 15, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #1,138 of 10,535
Anybody have an idea to fix this? Ths incoming cable (with the white tape) was loose. The white tape part used to be inside the wooden Y-split case. The wooden Y split was glued together, with only friction holdingthe cable in place. 

I really do not need to use the wooden splitter - so if there are better alternatives that can be refitted I a open for suggestions

Jan 15, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #1,139 of 10,535
  Anybody have an idea to fix this? Ths incoming cable (with the white tape) was loose. The white tape part used to be inside the wooden Y-split case. The wooden Y split was glued together, with only friction holdingthe cable in place. 

I really do not need to use the wooden splitter - so if there are better alternatives that can be refitted I a open for suggestions

Why don't you just glue it back together? I don't know why they used the white tape in the first place, they should have glued it right then.

Jan 15, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #1,140 of 10,535
  Why don't you just glue it back together? I don't know why they used the white tape in the first place, they should have glued it right then.

That was my first thought - but then the same thing might happen again and depending  on the glue I have a problem. 

I was looking at the Viablue splitters tinking they could be refitted, but it seems I then have to remove the connectors. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back