DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread
Feb 3, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #6,226 of 10,535
Sorry not going to engage but if geometry is key there are problems with that cable you posted spacing is off after the split on one side and a bit slack at the connector of one of your Lemo's. Have a nice day.

That is fine, geometry never meant symmetry. But that is ok, I spoke from experiences, and I am not here to teach people what some self motivations may have brought them :). You have a nice day too

Feb 3, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #6,227 of 10,535
Does anyone know how to properly use Mogami WG2534 for headphone cable? Online on various sites people have 2 different opinions. Some say use 2 clear for 1 channel and 2 blue for another while some recommend using clear+blue/clear+blue. Which is true?

Does anyone have recommendations for best DIY cable for HD600 besides the Mogami? 

Feb 3, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #6,228 of 10,535
Does anyone know how to properly use Mogami WG2534 for headphone cable? Online on various sites people have 2 different opinions. Some say use 2 clear for 1 channel and 2 blue for another while some recommend using clear+blue/clear+blue. Which is true?

Does anyone have recommendations for best DIY cable for HD600 besides the Mogami? 

It couldn't matter less. It's entirely up to you.

Feb 3, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #6,229 of 10,535
Feb 3, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #6,230 of 10,535

To keep the phase straight I would go clear/blue keeping one positive and the other negative same for the other side . It would work either way if you have a multimeter to make sure which is which.

Feb 3, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #6,231 of 10,535

i like to use mogami 2799
you get 4 colors so its a bit easier to keep straight
its also a bit more flexible

they are both high quality copper i don't think you can go wrong with either
there's no rules here its DIY, use whatever makes you happy and is
easier to work with.

good luck

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #6,233 of 10,535
Need help reterminate Jh audio siren series cable to the new 4.4mm, any help appreciated thanks

Oh that doesn't sound like fun. I think with JHA, I would just build an adapter. Those cables are complicated as hell.

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #6,236 of 10,535
Most component video cables I know of are coaxial cables with solid copper center conductors so I see nothing wrong with doing that. i use high end Belden coaxial cable for both purposes without issue. ( the cable will also work for digital applications, SPDIF and SDI.)

Feb 9, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #6,240 of 10,535
  I made my own Audeze cable

I did this for the Y

What are some other approaches to make this nicer? The y heat shrink boots are expensive and ditto for the machined y cable boxes

As far as costly heat shrink boots, you can use adhesive lined dual wall heat shrink tubing. Simply clamp something like hemostats on the portion of heat shrink tubing between the two branches of cable, heat it, and it will adhere to itself making a nice solid junction. I hope that makes sense, if not I will try to get a photo later. Just be certain of your work before doing this because it is fairly permanent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back