DIY Cable Gallery!!
Jul 13, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #12,273 of 16,305
I'm looking for a 4ft Sennheiser HD 650 cable. If you are capable of making this for me I will cover costs. I'm happy with cheaper components and would like to keep the price down but would like it to look nice.

Send me a PM if interested and sorry if this is inappropriate for this thread. I live in Canada.

Jul 13, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #12,274 of 16,305
I'm looking for a 4ft Sennheiser HD 650 cable. If you are capable of making this for me I will cover costs. I'm happy with cheaper components and would like to keep the price down but would like it to look nice.

Send me a PM if interested and sorry if this is inappropriate for this thread. I live in Canada.

This is not the right place for your post. You should post a want ad in the appropriate For Sale forum.

Jul 14, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #12,276 of 16,305
Yesterday I made my first headphone cable with built in iPhone Mic + Remote.

I have a pair of customised AKG 518's (detachable mod, see this topic) and wanted to have something I can use with my iPhone on the go. I love to be able to use Siri, control music and of course: make phone calls. It's really something I missed and something I think more "on the go" cans should have.

So I bought some parts from eBay. Specifically, you would need a remote you can sacrifice and a 4 pole plug. Then on the headphone end you need a normal 3.5mm jack plug. To finish it off you would need some 550 paracord. Total cost, not including the copper cables: about $10.

I'm not really fully happy with the looks, but it's pretty good for a prototype! I was hoping I could integrate the whole remote into the paracord, but it's just too big for that. Also, next time I would like to avoid the black shrink tubing on the outside. What do you guys think?

4-pole plug
Fake Apple Inline Remote

Jul 14, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #12,277 of 16,305
Quote:
Blame Canada.

Hey don't blame Canada, we're not all like that... 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #12,278 of 16,305
A little IC I made up with a 6 conductor braid and a pair or Pailiccs 3.5mm TRS jacks.

The box is a Dollar Store box I applied a beyerdynamic logo to that I received from 
sp3llv3xit, Thanks again!

A few coats of lacquer and it turned out ok to put portable bits and bobs into.
Chinese Dollar Store wood leaves a lot to be desired to say the least.
biggrin.gif

Jul 14, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #12,281 of 16,305
Quote:
A little IC I made up with a 6 conductor braid and a pair or Pailiccs 3.5mm TRS jacks.

The box is a Dollar Store box I applied a beyerdynamic logo to that I received from 
sp3llv3xit, Thanks again!

A few coats of lacquer and it turned out ok to put portable bits and bobs into.
Chinese Dollar Store wood leaves a lot to be desired to say the least.
biggrin.gif

Nice interconnect and box! I dont know how you soldered all those wires to those Paliccs jacks. The soldering point are so small. I always make a mess when I try.

Jul 14, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #12,284 of 16,305
Just finished a new cable for my Mad Dogs, and figured I'd share:

The wire is Mogami 2893 sheathed in #1 paracord and all done up in a 4-wire round braid.  The plugs are 6.3mm Switchcraft on one end and 3.5mm Neutrik right-angle on the other. I had to file down the end of the Neutrik plug before it would fit the Mad Dogs, but it came out looking pretty nice.  The way my desk at work is set up, it necessitates fairly long cables, so this one is 12 feet long.  Overall, I'm rather pleased.  It looks and sounds great.

One thing I will say, though, is that sheathing all that thin wire with paracord took a *really* long time.  I was making 3 cables like this at the same time, and they are all 12 feet long, so (quickly does arithmetic in head) that's almost 150 feet of wire.  I basically went through the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy while making these.  I've already braided the other two as well.  The burgundy cable is for my HD650s and the green one for my He-500s.  For now I'm just waiting on connectors.  

Jul 15, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #12,285 of 16,305
I got the shielding, Type I Paracord, now do I take out the white thread that comes out of it? It's inside and I'm almost positive I take it out, but I'm just wanting to make sure:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back