DIY Cable Gallery!!
Dec 15, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #10,771 of 16,305
I decided to spruce up my Grados with a touch of white.  Had some Canare starquad in white and some white paracord with black/white heatshrink so I ran with it.  A little paint later I think I have some relatively unique headphones that aren't overly gaudy.  And as promised, you get to see the stove shrinking results.

Did I cross the line?

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #10,773 of 16,305
For the cable masters here, is there any good way to remove the writing from shrink tubing? I haven't been able to find any with no lettering and I just want a cleaner look for my finishing touches.

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #10,774 of 16,305
Quote:
For the cable masters here, is there any good way to remove the writing from shrink tubing? I haven't been able to find any with no lettering and I just want a cleaner look for my finishing touches.

I bought the cheap 3:1 heatshrink tubing from cableorganizer.com and it didn't come with any writing on it.  For that matter I've bought 2:1 from redco (the cheaper stuff) and it had no writing either.

Dec 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #10,779 of 16,305
Quote:
I decided to spruce up my Grados with a touch of white.  Had some Canare starquad in white and some white paracord with black/white heatshrink so I ran with it.  A little paint later I think I have some relatively unique headphones that aren't overly gaudy.  And as promised, you get to see the stove shrinking results.

Did I cross the line?

I dont think so at all, very very nice. The 3.5mm jack and splitter were worked in perfectly imo. Very good job and color selection. Although the grado lettering does kind of look silver. 

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #10,781 of 16,305
Quote:

I use some 1200 grit wet and dry paper + water to gently 'sand' the printed text off. I have heard of others using white spirit, but it didnt work for me.

Dec 16, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #10,783 of 16,305
Here's my JL cable
gs1000.gif

Dec 16, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #10,785 of 16,305
sorry for off-topic and search function doesnt show it properly or maybe i am searching the wrong keywoards...

anyways, where do you guys buy those white cables! i need a bunch of meters for my future project and gray or transparent with spc wire are also ok! 22-24 gauge is good enough.

i can just settle for shoelaces though LOL (thanks nick n)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back