DIY Cable Gallery!!
Nov 20, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #10,519 of 16,305
Quote:
cogsand gears - what kind of right angle connector is that? I like it!

My guess is a standard straight plug (with custom molded body of course)
But that could be completely wrong

I wonder if I'm the only one who saw this....

classic!
you win at internets

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #10,520 of 16,305
This zebra LOD is really cool. Another piece of art.

But isn't the wire a little short? There doesn't seem to be much left to reach the input of a portable amp. Could you post a picture of it used in a setup? I'm curious how much you have to bend it... 

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #10,521 of 16,305
Quote:
I wonder if I'm the only one who saw this....

biggrin.gif
 How did you spot that.

Nice work, Luke.

Nov 21, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #10,524 of 16,305
Nov 21, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #10,525 of 16,305
Quote:
How did you do the marbling? My guess is to use a piece of black epoxy and a piece of white epoxy and fold them over each other, but I would worry about overdoing it and ending up with grey epoxy.

Correct! Yes, it is indeed a fine line between black and white patterning and grey.
Quote:
cogsand gears - what kind of right angle connector is that? I like it!

Its a Neutrik right angle without the body. Plus I cut all the solder tabs shorter.
Quote:
My guess is a standard straight plug (with custom molded body of course)
But that could be completely wrong

Nope. See above ;D
Quote:
This zebra LOD is really cool. Another piece of art.

But isn't the wire a little short? There doesn't seem to be much left to reach the input of a portable amp. Could you post a picture of it used in a setup? I'm curious how much you have to bend it... 

Thank you. Picture below as requested.
Quote:

I love this, very creative. May I ask, why is the wire so short between the 3.5mm and the LOD?

Thank you. This is why its so short: Im not a fan of too much excess cable. Makes it more likely to get caught on things.

Nov 21, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #10,526 of 16,305
Nov 22, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #10,529 of 16,305
Quote:
Some glamour shots of a pair of interconnects that I made. 

Switchcraft rca + 8 strands of 20awg spc cable

Gorgeous braiding, whoever did it (girlfriends are quite often involved in this process among this thread's members :)! Very neat and stylish cable.
How did you connect/solder 8 strands to the RCAs? 3 strands to each channel + 2 to ground?

Nov 22, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #10,530 of 16,305
Gorgeous braiding, whoever did it (girlfriends are quite often involved in this process among this thread's members :)! Very neat and stylish cable.
How did you connect/solder 8 strands to the RCAs? 3 strands to each channel + 2 to ground?

It's 4 conductors on the center and 4 on the ground so it's 8 strands per interconnect. Soldering 4 20awg conductors onto connectors is absolutely brutal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back