DIY Cable Gallery!!
Sep 30, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #10,276 of 16,305
Quote:
So much good looking cables in here...I started on my first recable this evening...I just finished my first test and it works..Now i need to work on the looks..

Guess the cans?

I'm more interesting with something inside your glass an a bottle behind it...
hahaha.....

By the way,
Its so hard to make 8 braids interconnect with cardas chasis wire (19,5) awg...
I broke 2pcs 3.5 connector yesterday... (but, it can be reused with mould epoxy...)
Poor me...

Oct 2, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #10,278 of 16,305
Oct 2, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #10,279 of 16,305
That's funny...lol...everything is faked these days! Oyaide connectors are really good though. I'll grab some and let you guys know the differences!

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #10,280 of 16,305
Hey guys, i know this isnt a gallery related question but its definately not worth its own thread. 

Im just wondering, if it was possible to take a mike, say in a bluetooth receiver, and essentially snip the wire connecting the mike to the reciever, and add a female 3.5mm jack, to which I could then plug in a mike to that jack whenever I liked? 

Or is this not really possible? If need be feel free to pm me so to not clog up or derail the thread. Thanks, DD. 

Oct 5, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #10,281 of 16,305
You can get iPhone/Blackberry/Android/etc. compatible corded mic adaptors for $5 or so in the US, and even cheaper through Deal Extreme type places. They do more or less what you want out of the box (plug it into your phone, plug your headset into the mic adaptor, and now you can talk on your phone through your favorite headphones). They're also going to be easier to take apart and rebuild to your purposes.

Oct 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #10,283 of 16,305
I posted a picture of this IEM cable a while ago with a pair of moded DBA 02's attached. But, the huge cable entry into the Valab 3.5 always bothered me. So I thought I would de solder the jack and try to do something about it. So, I stuck a couple of rubber O rings inside the barrel and a stainless washer to top it off.

Whilst the jack was off I thought I would replace the clear shrink tube splitter with a Carbon Fibre and aluminium one :D

I also thought I would post the pics here as no one I know on 'the outside' would have even a vauge interest in any of this :C

Oct 5, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #10,284 of 16,305
Quote:
I posted a picture of this IEM cable a while ago with a pair of moded DBA 02's attached. But, the huge cable entry into the Valab 3.5 always bothered me. So I thought I would de solder the jack and try to do something about it. So, I stuck a couple of rubber O rings inside the barrel and a stainless washer to top it off.

Whilst the jack was off I thought I would replace the clear shrink tube splitter with a Carbon Fibre and aluminium one :D

I also thought I would post the pics here as no one I know on 'the outside' would have even a vauge interest in any of this :C

Very nice job.  Once I free up some more play money, I am going to try to make some carbon fiber/aluminum shells for 1/4" plugs like you have done with the splitter.  

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:13 AM Post #10,287 of 16,305
Quote:

Very nice job.  Once I free up some more play money, I am going to try to make some carbon fiber/aluminum shells for 1/4" plugs like you have done with the splitter.  

Thanks FraGGleR. I look forward to seeing those. The Carbon isnt nearly as tricky to work with as I thought it would be.
Quote:
Very nice job on the Y split and jack, Luke.

Thanks Frank.
Quote:
Nice IEM cable! What wire did you use? It's beautiful! :) 

Thak you Fatman. The wire is translucent blue insulated SPC from Frank over at Toxic Cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back