DIY Cable Gallery!!
Jul 18, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #9,676 of 16,312
Sorry, when I read the post, I thought the infam0ussteven was trying to sleeve his/her own bare wire.  If you are taking about sleeving braided finished wire, you will have to measure it yourself to find out.

Jul 18, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #9,677 of 16,312
Quote:

I do plan to buy a roll of 25 meter's worth or Piccolino one day......only time can tell, might use it for my speakers since my interest has moved onto them from head-gear.

HOLY ****! That is going to wreck your wallet. Good luck!

Jul 18, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #9,678 of 16,312
I really am interested in hearing these Piccolino cables. Havent found a source to acquire it in a working form I can test or in a form I can have made into a cable for me. 

Jul 18, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #9,679 of 16,312
Quote:
I really am interested in hearing these Piccolino cables. Havent found a source to acquire it in a working form I can test or in a form I can have made into a cable for me. 

Typically people buy Piccolino cables like this:http://jaben.net/shopping2/Crystal-cable-for-custome-IEMs-powered-by-Crystal-Piccolino.html

Then cut off the ends and make their own cable. Good luck saving enough money for a cable.

Jul 19, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #9,681 of 16,312
Quote:
I didnt find the outside too bad to strip. I used a sharp scalpel and very light strokes over and over till I was through. It was the Kapton insulation around the centre conductor that really got me. Its so tough, but pretty thin. Cutting into the centre strands is too easy when trying to go through that kapton layer!

When you pick up that roll you can always donate a little my way ;D Im not above charity!

Yes, cutting the yellowish orange kapton inside the shield is a PITA for first timers, since there is only a few strands of silver/gold wires inside that carries the signal. I found an easier way to strip the kapton without cutting off the inner wire's. 

Quote:

HOLY ****! That is going to wreck your wallet. Good luck!

It can be avoided if I can find the right source. But thanks.

Quote:
Typically people buy Piccolino cables like this:http://jaben.net/shopping2/Crystal-cable-for-custome-IEMs-powered-by-Crystal-Piccolino.html

Then cut off the ends and make their own cable. Good luck saving enough money for a cable.

Except the prices Jaben sells it for is extremely inflated. Best places to source Crystal Piccolino is either contact Crystal Cable's, or if you know Gabi or DIY seller's that have a left over rolls so you can buy from them. Prices do run from $110-130 per feet, but could be higher as well (or dealer prices) Even I don't know the proper contact details myself for sourcing the limited run's/production of this cable.

Quote:

Good luck, read the above for mentioned price, unless you can get dealer prices.

Quote:
Seems like a good way to invest your money. Some buys coins, some stamps now audiophiles cables in bulk :D

Ditto :D

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #9,682 of 16,312
Thats why I really want to hear it, maybe not own it. But if it's really the best then I probably will wanna own it. I manage the list of Aftermarket IEM cables that appears in my sig. I know how much it costs, and I also know that Jaben hasn't had any in stock for months. :frowning2:
Quote:
Good luck, read the above for mentioned price, unless you can get dealer prices.

Jul 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #9,683 of 16,312
Quote:
Nice Job!

Thanks! 
smile.gif

Jul 19, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #9,685 of 16,312

New LOD. Very similar to the old one, but with real carbon fibre on the abreviated barrel, and a tighter braid of Toxic Cables OCC silver.

Plus this one has the added advantage of all being in one piece... Had a little accident with the last one :C

Jul 19, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #9,690 of 16,312
That y-split and the carbon barrel for the Oyaide are pretty fresh.  Are they 100% custom or did you re-purpose some other parts to fit?  I don't recognize that size of carbon fiber barrel but it looks neat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back