DIY Cable Gallery!!
Jun 8, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #9,511 of 16,305
Quote:

Nice work. That looks great!

Thanks!

Quote:

Tightest braid I've seen. How did you get the 2 pairs of wires to stay that way?

If you twist/braid the wires as tight as possible, the wires won't untangle by themselves. You can also "clip" the end wires with something just to be sure.

Quote:
Looks great, i've always had a thing for red cables, makes me want to get a pair of Beats, :)

Thanks!

Jun 10, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #9,516 of 16,305
A couple more cables I've made recently; one for my Triple Fi 10s with ViaBlue connector and plugs I got off ebay (appear to be identical to ones offered at Lunashops):

And a cable I made to go along with a pair of SE215s I'm giving as a gift with Oyaide jack and plugs from Lunahsops:

Jun 11, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #9,517 of 16,305
Long time Lurker, thought I'd finally post something worth looking at:

A pair of Sennheiser HD 202's, modded with a detachable cable mod for dual mono jacks, and a DIY cable made with some OFC cable with XLPE insulation from BTG Audio. Have to agree with tdunks, Brian's cable is economical and both good quality and easy to work with. I did a 4-wire round braid for the first time, and boy did I have a time of it on one of those Kumihimo Looms (the foam octagon type, not wooden) for round braids. For plugs I used Rean nickel mono plugs, and a Vintage Audio Lab Rhodium stereo plug.

I've also braided a flat four-wire braid that is non-detachable using some of Frank (Toxic Cables) OCC wire. When I have some pictures I will put those up also.

Jun 11, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #9,518 of 16,305
Quote:
Long time Lurker, thought I'd finally post something worth looking at:

A pair of Sennheiser HD 202's, modded with a detachable cable mod for dual mono jacks, and a DIY cable made with some OFC cable with XLPE insulation from BTG Audio. Have to agree with tdunks, Brian's cable is economical and both good quality and easy to work with. I did a 4-wire round braid for the first time, and boy did I have a time of it on one of those Kumihimo Looms (the foam octagon type, not wooden) for round braids. For plugs I used Rean nickel mono plugs, and a Vintage Audio Lab Rhodium stereo plug.

I've also braided a flat four-wire braid that is non-detachable using some of Frank (Toxic Cables) OCC wire. When I have some pictures I will put those up also.

My oh my. That's an expensive cable for those Senn's! haha. Looks good.

I like the removable cable mod.

Jun 13, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #9,519 of 16,305
Quote:
Very slight update to my Toxic silver TF10 cable... Probably not worth posting, but when you obsess over the detail ( thats where the devil is after all ) of something it seems like a big change - to me at least.

I was never really happy with the original gold coloured connectors on I put on:

So, I took them off, put them in my Dremel and sanded the plating off till they were (mostly) bare aluminium, then modded the original lunashops TF10 pins till they worked:

So now I have lovely flush fitting connectors that are in keeping with the general colour theme. Maybe I need to get out more....

Seriously looks fantastic modded!

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #9,520 of 16,305
Quote:
I recently had a DIY cable made by Brian at BTG audio. The price for the cable was very reasonable and I went through with ordering the cable which I installed myself. Here are the pictures of it:

Man, every time I see this, it makes me want to get some wood Denons!

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #9,522 of 16,305
This question must have been answered in one of the 10.000.000. pages of this topic, but here it goes anyway:

- what cable is the tranlucid one, that are you guys using for dyi stuff (on this page for example)?

regards
hcabrita

Jun 15, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #9,525 of 16,305
Lots of people use jewelry wire (or some type of stiff but bendable wire in the same type of flexibility as a paper clip, but straightened from the start and more durable) then some heat shrink over it. It'll allow you to bend the ear hooks once the cable is done and being use, and they stay that way. It's how my stock cable is built as well as some of my Chris_Himself Silver Ray cables.
Quote:
What do u guys use for the ear hooks? Thinking of building an IEM cable..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back