May 30, 2004 at 2:49 AM Post #16 of 16,305
[size=medium]Custom Rca to Mini Cable[/size]

Canare Starquad
Red / Black Criss Cross Techflex
Canare F12 Mini
Neutrik Pro-fi

IMG_0545.JPG

Jun 1, 2004 at 9:57 PM Post #18 of 16,305
My turn. Sorry for the terrible picture, but the only digital camera I have is my cellphone one.

cables.jpg

The tiny one in the middle is star quad with angle plugs for my portable setup. The longer white ones are star quad with canare plugs for unbalanced connection. On the star quad cables the shield is grounded at one end only, with small cap at the other, so signal doesn't go through it.
The long black cables are completely DIY except the silver Neutrik XLRs of course. It's the Venhaus design: teflon tube, fine silver wire, teflon tape, techflex.

Jun 2, 2004 at 7:18 AM Post #19 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by ufokillerz
[size=medium]Custom Sennheiser 580 Cable[/size]

Teflon Coated Shield Wire with Silver over Copper 22AWG Teflon coated wire from Belden
Red / Black Criss Cross Techflex
Neutrik 1/4" jack
Braided
Stock sennheiser Plug shell
Cardas Sennheiser Pins Rhondium plated

IMG_0583.JPG

wow ... cooool i like it
i'm asking myself how it sounds

Jun 2, 2004 at 2:27 PM Post #20 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
wow ... cooool i like it
i'm asking myself how it sounds

better then a clou red is all i can compare to right now. still working out some bugs and kinks in the construction, 1 side has a loose pin, dammit!!!

Jun 11, 2004 at 1:16 PM Post #24 of 16,305
That is some really nice looking techflex you've all got. Where does it come from?

Jun 14, 2004 at 5:21 PM Post #25 of 16,305
I've been a lurker for a week now, and got around to registering today. This cable links my DVD player to my processor in my home theater.

It's the first one I've made that I actually like
icon10.gif
The sound is great - credit to Jon Risch' marvellous webpages for the recipe.

paulflowe1.jpg

paulflowe2.jpg

Cable is 1695A from Belden, flex and shrink from cableorganizer, bullets from a mate. Made with 63/37 "44" Kester solder. Cost me less than 12US to build this, most of which was the cost of the bullets.
Regards to all,
Paul.

Jun 15, 2004 at 4:32 AM Post #26 of 16,305
Those cables are gorgeous. What kind of sleeving is it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlosak
interconnects from pure braided silver:

interconnect01.jpg

interconnect02.jpg

Jun 15, 2004 at 6:11 PM Post #27 of 16,305
I get mine, a derivitive of techflex, from cableorganizer.com, other suppliers are Parts Express, RS Components, etc. My cable has two layers of flex for added durability and it looks better, too!

Regards
Paul.

Jun 17, 2004 at 3:35 AM Post #28 of 16,305
nice thread!

just curious, i doubt it though with the quality of these cables, anyone use my modest guide?

Jun 19, 2004 at 11:50 PM Post #29 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by brschmid
just curious, i doubt it though with the quality of these cables, anyone use my modest guide?

I actually found your thread after my first attempt, it's very well made. I can totally relate to soldering the plug onto the wires and forgeting to put the back piece on. It totally sucks!!!
tongue.gif

Jun 20, 2004 at 1:11 AM Post #30 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by highflyin9
I actually found your thread after my first attempt, it's very well made. I can totally relate to soldering the plug onto the wires and forgeting to put the back piece on. It totally sucks!!!
tongue.gif

out of the 6 or so cables i have built, i have done that on all but 2 of them..DOH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back