DIY Cable Gallery!!
Apr 2, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #8,956 of 16,305
Did a re-cable of my ER-4P's. first time re-cabling IEM, fifth time overall. and some my other works :) (been learning so much from you guys its awesome!)​
I have since replaced the "TechFlex"(flexopet) with Nylon Multi on the 770's. yields much classier look and much less microphonics
dt880smile.png
PortaPro's for my gf.​
Mini-Mini IC's for friends​

Apr 3, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #8,959 of 16,305
Can't believe I missed "Finally got around to recabling my HD-650s.  Canare Starquad L-4E5C cable", my bad. 

I can only find Canare L-4E6S on eBay, and those seems to have white writing on the cable itself (while yours doesn't?).  How flexible is the cable?​

Apr 3, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #8,960 of 16,305

Try the Markertek site.
Quote:
Can't believe I missed "Finally got around to recabling my HD-650s.  Canare Starquad L-4E5C cable", my bad. 

I can only find Canare L-4E6S on eBay, and those seems to have white writing on the cable itself (while yours doesn't?).  How flexible is the cable?​

Apr 3, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #8,961 of 16,305
I love those Etys, they look nuts. Who says your cable shouldnt be thicker than the IEM's!?

Great job by the way. You got those ear loops looking really good.

Quote:
Did a re-cable of my ER-4P's. first time re-cabling IEM, fifth time overall. and some my other works :) (been learning so much from you guys its awesome!)​
I have since replaced the "TechFlex"(flexopet) with Nylon Multi on the 770's. yields much classier look and much less microphonics
dt880smile.png
PortaPro's for my gf.​
Mini-Mini IC's for friends​

Apr 3, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #8,962 of 16,305
dual entry conversion o realistic pro 50 sextette

diy silver cable for he600

diy tf10 custom iem cable, pin sockets are also diy

my personal IC / LOD collection

mundorf/ xlo pro/ klotz/ denko/ kimber cables used

Apr 3, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #8,963 of 16,305

Quote:
dual entry conversion o realistic pro 50 sextette

diy silver cable for he600

diy tf10 custom iem cable, pin sockets are also diy

my personal IC / LOD collection

mundorf/ xlo pro/ klotz/ denko/ kimber cables used

Beautiful job on those cables!

Where did you get the silver from? Liking the teckflex over the top. And what type of cable did you use for the TF10 one- is it coaxial?

Apr 3, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #8,967 of 16,305
I like it!  My cables don't wear jewelry!  Where can I pimp my cables?  What is this cable for?  If it's for a TF10... I can evaluate it for you!
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Im not 100% on the amber Y splitter. Any constructive opinoins?

Apr 3, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #8,968 of 16,305
Good job on the twisted pairs leading from the y-split.  I can never get an equally spaced twist like that.  I think the amber stands out a little, which may or may be your desired goal. 

Apr 3, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #8,970 of 16,305

Quote:

Markertek was the site I got that all from - and the blue is the stock blue color cable they sell.  I'm very happy with the flexibility, it pretty much lays flat but bends easily while wearing it.  Only complaint is that I didn't wrap from the Y up, so there is a ton of microphonics when touching the cable or turning your head....considering fixing that someday, but not now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back