DIY Cable Gallery!!
Jan 24, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #8,371 of 16,305

Quote:

And My little Rammstein tribute, a 3-wire braided mini to mini ic in red, black and gold:

How are those Pallics connectors to work with. I've been curious. Innards pretty well designed? 

Jan 24, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #8,372 of 16,305

Quote:
How are those Pallics connectors to work with. I've been curious. Innards pretty well designed? 

They're horrid to work with, the innards are laid out much like the Ultrasone connectors from Qables and there's no strain relief at all. But they look soooo damn good! 

They're surprisingly heavy for their size as well, I might have to make an IEM cable for my customs with one of these bad boys...

Jan 24, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #8,373 of 16,305
These Pailiccs are really pain in the ass to solder with 4 strands of 24AWG or thicker and without strain relief they are not as durable as other Pailiccs jacks. Im not a big fan of their looks too. Only benefit is their price.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jan 24, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #8,374 of 16,305

Quote:
These Pailiccs are really pain in the ass to solder with 4 strands of 24AWG or thicker and without strain relief they are not as durable as other Pailiccs jacks. Im not a big fan of their looks too. Only benefit is their price.

Well I like the looks as well as the price - but that's about it.

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #8,376 of 16,305
Jan 24, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #8,377 of 16,305
Quote:
Just wondering if anyone else saw this on DHC's site. I got a chuckle out of it. 

"Metcal PS-900 Smartheat soldering station (solders at the minimum temperature, picks the right temperature for you - a soldering station fit for a king.  Won't make your work look fail like all the stuff on Head-fi.  Just kidding, Head-fi.)"

http://doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=84

Why'd you get a chuckle out of it? I have one at my work, and he said everything as if i was going to sell mine. I would have to be dead if i was going to sell mine.

Jan 25, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #8,378 of 16,305
Very nicely done.  Can you please explain to me the capacitors function in this? Sorry I'm not familiar with the iMod.

I haven't done the imod but from what I've heard it is to stop DC offset, though i have no clue why you would want to use 4uf electrolytic caps in the signal path. Crossovers for tweeters regularly use 2.2uf caps... as in he is basically turning his IEM's(or whatever) into tweeters. Also electrolytic caps are absolutely bad for audio fidelity. I've seen people use 2200uf caps for their iMods... AAAAHHHHHHHH
Sorry, if it sounds good to you, go ahead.

Jan 25, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #8,379 of 16,305

Quote:
They're horrid to work with, the innards are laid out much like the Ultrasone connectors from Qables and there's no strain relief at all. But they look soooo damn good! 

They're surprisingly heavy for their size as well, I might have to make an IEM cable for my customs with one of these bad boys...

Now, Is the barrel grey or black? I can never tell from the pictures!!! and where do you get yours and for how much. I've seen a ebay seller selling 4 out of HK for $15.

Jan 25, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #8,380 of 16,305
Steel grey metallic colored barrel. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #8,382 of 16,305

Quote:

Now, Is the barrel grey or black? I can never tell from the pictures!!! and where do you get yours and for how much. I've seen a ebay seller selling 4 out of HK for $15.

I've purchased them from that ebay seller and the Pailic 3.5 mm plug does look nice in person.  A shiny dark gray/gunmetall color, but there is definitely no strain relief and the solder contacts are pretty difficult to work with as well. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #8,383 of 16,305
You guys pay way to much.  I got mine from Lunashop. Enjoy! They have very good price and selection.

Quote:
I've purchased them from that ebay seller and the Pailic 3.5 mm plug does look nice in person.  A shiny dark gray/gunmetall color, but there is definitely no strain relief and the solder contacts are pretty difficult to work with as well. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #8,385 of 16,305

You are welcome!  
wink.gif

Quote:
Thanks for the Link Twinster :) They sell loads of stuff I'd use, great news for me coz shipping worldwide is also cheap and combined.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back