DIY Cable Gallery!!
Dec 16, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #8,041 of 16,305
all of the types i mentioned are available at wirecare, the kevlar is pretty cool, but only available in fairly large gauges and only in a really bright yellow.

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #8,042 of 16,305

Quote:
Do you experience microphonic? It looks quite bulky to me, and what type of insulation you used there? I guess it's either pvc or teflon?

That's a good question. Is there microphonics? Isn't 22AWG too big for IEMs?
DHC is sleeved with PET, really flexible and nice stuff to work with.

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #8,043 of 16,305

Quote:

from my experience 22awg is too big, 28awg and smaller would be ideal.
oh well, but that cable looks damn cool compared to mine lol.

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #8,044 of 16,305

Quote:
For the record, I know techflex is a company. For simplicity's sake I refer to it as techflex rather than Monofilament. I buy nylon multifilament from techflex aswell. I would like to try some kevlar, anyone got a supplier?

Hit up this guy, he seems to be able to get his hands on any product from Techflex and has great prices. He's the one that got me the Flexo Noise Reduction stuff :)

Dec 16, 2011 at 5:32 AM Post #8,045 of 16,305

Quote:

DHC Necleotide is 24 awg. O/S diameter is 1.5mm overall - seems much thiner than the 22 awg Jena Labs cable.

I have only used this cable for about 2 hours overall so far - mostly sat at a desk. But when I did venture out with it the microphonics were about the same as my old Sony MDR EX 300 cable. They are there at times, but not too bad.

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #8,046 of 16,305

Quote:
Hit up this guy, he seems to be able to get his hands on any product from Techflex and has great prices. He's the one that got me the Flexo Noise Reduction stuff :)

I already use furryletters for PET and nylon multifilament. I was looking for a Kevlar supplier, but qusp already told me wirecare has got some.

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #8,047 of 16,305
Quote:

I already use furryletters for PET and nylon multifilament. I was looking for a Kevlar supplier, but qusp already told me wirecare has got some.

Techflex does Kevlar sleeving as well, what I meant was that you should get in touch with Furryletters to see if he can get it for you :)

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #8,049 of 16,305

Quote:
Finally got some "high end" stuff to play with. DHC and viablue the DHC is really easy to work with compared to Jenna, so i decided to do a full cable in litz 4 strand braid.

Looks really good. I like the smoked black version of the DHC cable. Nice work.

How are you finding the SQ? I wasnt sure at first but after about 10 hours of use it is really starting to open things up on my TF10's

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #8,051 of 16,305
Quote:
Finally got some "high end" stuff to play with. DHC and viablue the DHC is really easy to work with compared to Jenna, so i decided to do a full cable in litz 4 strand braid.

Just wanted to let you know, your pictures dont do justice. Here are some interconnects i got made by Peter at DHC.

Quote:
Don't know about non-cryo but cryo DHC is rather bright in sound.

x2, but that's the way i prefer with my SE535's!
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #8,052 of 16,305
Yeah agreed, they look much better in person.
I am not much of a photographer, it may be the point and shoot as well. I don't have any wheat fields near me but I guess I could take them to the beach, that may get some strange looks though (why is that guy posing a cable?).

Quote:
Just wanted to let you know, your pictures dont do justice. Here are some interconnects i got made by Peter at DHC.

x

Dec 17, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #8,053 of 16,305

Quote:
Techflex does Kevlar sleeving as well, what I meant was that you should get in touch with Furryletters to see if he can get it for you :)

I am also aware Techflex makes Kevlar. Thanks for the suggestiong, I will try to talk to Furryletters and see if she can order me some kevlar. Do you actually need "kevlar scissors" or is Wirecare just trying to make a extra buck?

Dec 17, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #8,054 of 16,305
yeah you need some special gear to cut it, its insanely strong, the whole point of it is that its strong and doesnt tear.

haha so many posts saying kevlar is made by techflex, when my first post mentioned it. its a really ugly yellow and only comes in large gauges, so is cool for power cables or crazy size interconnects, but anything else would be just dumb. also kinda needs another layer of something to turn down the volume on the yellow

i have to say though, this is a DIY cable gallery.......

Dec 17, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #8,055 of 16,305
I am having some custom cables made for my HD25's soon, what do you guys recommend for sleeving? Using 22awg wire for everything, want a black look if at all possible. I think I like the look of nylon mutlifilament sleeving. Do you guys put an insulating layer over the wires followed by the exterior sleeving?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back