DIY Cable Gallery!!
Jul 3, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #4,427 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the reasons for me are numerous. out of the neutriks I have bought (maybe 20) there have been 4 that were faulty (intermittent connection measured with a DMM even before I touched them) the build quality is nowhere near as rugged or attractive IMO. and they have to be drilled out to fit many wires. oh and they (switchcraft) are actually really easy to use once you have the technique down.

partsexpress has a good range of neotech wires. great stuff actually. some of the cheapest UPOCC I know of and they have a good range of gauges. their UPOCC silver is really nice too.

hmm... I just got 40, and tested all (WOW that was an annoying process. ) and only one was defective. maybe you just got unlucky?
but yeah, maybe the reason I like the neutriks so much more is because I used them from the beginning, so I got used to them.

and thanks for the replies about the neotech, guys, I'll have to try some out.

Jul 3, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #4,428 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrokid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm... I just got 40, and tested all (WOW that was an annoying process. ) and only one was defective. maybe you just got unlucky?

yeah maybe so, but IMO 1 is too many. never had the problem with switchcraft and ive used hundreds of them. I do still use them on rare occasion if a job requires a smaller/lighter connector. but if I can avoid it I do. LOL yeah that wouldve been annoying. sorry bout that. but you did find ONE. Better to know that before you make a cable from it. which is incredibly annoying. making a cable and then finding its faulty because of a connector by process of elimination. so with neutriks I always test the connector first. switchcraft, cryoparts, viablue I can pretty much assume its good.

Quote:

but yeah, maybe the reason I like the neutriks so much more is because I used them from the beginning, so I got used to them.

probably

Quote:

and thanks for the replies about the neotech, guys, I'll have to try some out.

no problem; I recommend you do. its good stuff.

Jul 3, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #4,429 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you mean parts connexion. Takefiveaudio has a good range as well.

doh yeah correct.

Jul 3, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #4,430 of 16,305
It's also a money thing, I guess. I'm fourteen, (super happy about that, though, because I can get a JOB now!) so currently I really don't have a lot of spendable money. (and my recent purchases of the d2, RE0, RE2, ne7m, fuze, PINT, go-vibe v5, AD700s, and some other stuff I can't think of)
So forty neutriks (which is already expensive.) is something like three times cheaper than forty switchcrafts.

haha, but now I feel compelled to use switchcraft, because the 'big dogs' do. Drat.

Jul 3, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #4,432 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrokid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's also a money thing, I guess. I'm fourteen, (super happy about that, though, because I can get a JOB now!) so currently I really don't have a lot of spendable money. (and my recent purchases of the d2, RE0, RE2, ne7m, fuze, PINT, go-vibe v5, AD700s, and some other stuff I can't think of)

hehe; man thats some serious collecting for someone your age; nice one, but next your gonna have to get something to halt the sidestepping
evil_smiley.gif
well thats the theory anyway.

Quote:

So forty neutriks (which is already expensive.) is something like three times cheaper than forty switchcrafts.

well if you are buying that many you could get a decent price at markertek for switchcraft. use those neutriks up first though man; i'm just saying they are IMO more reliable and easier to use with a wider variety of wires and sleeving. neutriks can get loose in sockets over time. but if you use too chunky wires with switchcraft they can make the sockets loose over time too, so its a balance that you have to get right.

Quote:

haha, but now I feel compelled to use switchcraft, because the 'big dogs' do. Drat.

well i'm actually finding the cryoparts minis superior to switchcraft too, similar solder terminals to the neutriks, but larger and separated with a teflon dielectric. wish they came in black as wel though and they'd be perfect. all the same I do still use switchcraft heaps

Jul 3, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #4,433 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hehe; man thats some serious collecting for someone your age; nice one, but next your gonna have to get something to halt the sidestepping
evil_smiley.gif
well thats the theory anyway.

well, I'm actually really happy with what I have now, and have figured out my preferred sound sig. Currently, I'm just developing my ear and enjoying the music.

Quote:

well if you are buying that many you could get a decent price at markertek for switchcraft. use those neutriks up first though man; i'm just saying they are IMO more reliable and easier to use with a wider variety of wires and sleeving. neutriks can get loose in sockets over time. but if you use too chunky wires with switchcraft they can make the sockets loose over time too, so its a balance that you have to get right.

Hmm. well, I fill all my connectors w/ epoxy. Would that help it? or could it still happen?

Quote:

well i'm actually finding the cryoparts minis superior to switchcraft too, similar solder terminals to the neutriks, but larger and separated with a teflon dielectric. wish they came in black as wel though and they'd be perfect. all the same I do still use switchcraft heaps

oh yeah, I got some of those before. They were nice. really easy to work with, but wow, I think I spent $35 on four. Or is there a cheaper source?

Jul 3, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #4,434 of 16,305
My latest creation while it's doing it's job:

SamuraiLOD.jpg

Compatible with all dock-having-iPods, iMods/diyMods and iPhones without the annoying pop-ups.
Uses Mundorf SG wire with Elna Cerafine caps.

Jul 3, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #4,436 of 16,305
Well, patience, precision and skill pay this bill.. all the info you need is on this forum
wink.gif
Just search.

Jul 4, 2009 at 11:49 AM Post #4,439 of 16,305
Not to sound harsh, but no slowchat plz..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back