DIY Cable Gallery!!
Dec 7, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #15,062 of 16,305

Actually what I do is clamp one end to a table or tape it down, and braid it, then strip the wire on either ends and tin it, then apply it to whatever I am trying to.  The amount you clamp to the table will be more than enough to connect to either the driver or connector.    You could solder to either device and then braid it, but you'd still have to hold the wire down somewhere when braiding it, and would be putting stress on whatever you solder it to.

Thta is a very valid point! Thanks mate!

Dec 13, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #15,066 of 16,305
Just a simple metre long mini XLR to 3.5mm jack for use with my DT 1770's on the go.

Rean/Neutrik connectors, Vann Damme Silver plated oxygen free copper cable (actually intended for microphones but nice and flexible), wrapped in fancy para cord.

First cable I've made that I deem fit for sale!

Dec 15, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #15,067 of 16,305
I am trying to make something per the attached photo. This is actually a 2.55mm Jack and the other end an LED. I want some decent flexible cable and nice Jacks. I am looking at colored cable or the Techflex. Would like some recommendations for colored gold plated jacks and cable please.

Dec 15, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #15,068 of 16,305
I am trying to make something per the attached photo. This is actually a 2.55mm Jack and the other end an LED. I want some decent flexible cable and nice Jacks. I am looking at colored cable or the Techflex. Would like some recommendations for colored gold plated jacks and cable please.

I have found the Q & A thread! Any responses are still welcome and sorry for putting this in the incorrect thread. Would still like some comments on building something similar to this.

Dec 15, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #15,070 of 16,305
Hi all, I have just bought a new DAP which shines when balanced phones were used, I am about to start the cable DIY thing. Wonder if anyone can point me to the right direction for resources for beginners? Going through a thousand pages here is kinda tough.

Cheers.

Dec 16, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #15,071 of 16,305
Hi all, I have just bought a new DAP which shines when balanced phones were used, I am about to start the cable DIY thing. Wonder if anyone can point me to the right direction for resources for beginners? Going through a thousand pages here is kinda tough.

Cheers.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/676402/diy-cable-questions-and-comments-thread

You are welcome :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back