DIY Cable Gallery!!
Aug 18, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #13,831 of 16,305
TrollDragon, do you approve now? 
tongue_smile.gif
 bare split on this cable. 26 awg BTG SPC with an Oyaide right angle plug and hifiman (SMC) plugs on the other end. 

This cable and the red cable I posted 1 page back are shipping with the same pair of headphones back to their owner. He gets to hear them balanced, and with an SPC cable. A well rounded headphone it will be.

Pinched

Relaxed

ILAIKIT :D

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #13,832 of 16,305
Well here is a mockup of the new portable cable from the 140/44, the wire is all tinned and sleeved just not soldered onto the connectors yet.

Aug 22, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #13,833 of 16,305
Well here is a mockup of the new portable cable from the 140/44, the wire is all tinned and sleeved just not soldered onto the connectors yet.

Looks fantastic. How was sleeving it in the micro paracord compared to the usual suspects like mogami?

Aug 22, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #13,834 of 16,305
The black and white sleeving looks great. Is that 3 pin mini XLR male? What headphones use that?

Aug 22, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #13,837 of 16,305
The black and white sleeving looks great. Is that 3 pin mini XLR male? What headphones use that?

I could be wrong, but it looks like Lemo connector. Not sure which series. Probably modded the cup on his Beyers to accept it. I can't tell if I'm guessing or remembering old posts for this information. My brain is mush right now. 

Aug 22, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #13,838 of 16,305
This is my first time hearing about these Lemo connectors.. mostly used for aviation headsets.. so weird.. I thought I already knew all the oddball connectors

Aug 22, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #13,840 of 16,305
Looks fantastic. How was sleeving it in the micro paracord compared to the usual suspects like mogami?
Thanks. I rounded the end of the wire after I tinned it with a little emery cloth, it slid through quite nicely a couple of inches at a time. :wink:

Yes it is a Lemo B series, this will be for the T50RP's as my DT880's already have dual tiny xlr (Audeze Style).

Lemo connectors come in a vast variety of sizes, these are just the B series.
b_connector_lemo_gamme.jpg

:beerchug:

Aug 22, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #13,841 of 16,305
Thanks. I rounded the end of the wire after I tinned it with a little emery cloth, it slid through quite nicely a couple of inches at a time.
wink.gif

Yes it is a Lemo B series, this will be for the T50RP's as my DT880's already have dual tiny xlr (Audeze Style).

Lemo connectors come in a vast variety of sizes, these are just the B series.

I'm excited to see this on the T50RP! You better fill my notification feed with pictures buddy. Anyway, can you take some pictures of the inside of the cup afterwards? I'd like to see how the Lemo chassis mounts on the inside. 

beerchug.gif

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #13,842 of 16,305
  I'm excited to see this on the T50RP! You better fill my notification feed with pictures buddy. Anyway, can you take some pictures of the inside of the cup afterwards? I'd like to see how the Lemo chassis mounts on the inside. 

beerchug.gif

Will do Bro!

Only my implementation will be a little DIY and not as finished as yours would be. All I have for the receptacle is the PCB mount with standard hex nuts and no fancy beveled finish nut. I can't find the beveled nuts online either, they would have a Lemo part number but I don't know what that would be or where to get them.

So I can see a little Dremel work and some JB Weld coming into play as well.

These ones here would be a much better choice for the cups.

Each one is around $30 out of Mouser / Digikey with a $20 shipping fee, add taxes and it would be over $100 for a pair of them by the time they landed on my door. Because if the T50RP's work out good, then you know the GMP 8.300 D's will have the same treatment. 
wink.gif

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #13,843 of 16,305
Will do Bro!

Only my implementation will be a little DIY and not as finished as yours would be. All I have for the receptacle is the PCB mount with standard hex nuts and no fancy beveled finish nut. I can't find the beveled nuts online either, they would have a Lemo part number but I don't know what that would be or where to get them.

So I can see a little Dremel work and some JB Weld coming into play as well.

These ones here would be a much better choice for the cups.

Each one is around $30 out of Mouser / Digikey with a $20 shipping fee, add taxes and it would be over $100 for a pair of them by the time they landed on my door. Because if the T50RP's work out good, then you know the GMP 8.300 D's will have the same treatment. :wink:  

You can get Mouser/Digikey shipments sent to Canada for $8, I do it all the time.

Aug 22, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #13,844 of 16,305
You can get Mouser/Digikey shipments sent to Canada for $8, I do it all the time.

Is this mini XLR ?

then go here,

http://www.redco.com/Mini-XLR-Connectors/

$4 each per connector,and shipping using USPS First-Class Mail® International Large Envelope is about $3-$4 depending where you are in Canada.

Aug 22, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #13,845 of 16,305
Is this mini XLR ?

then go here,

http://www.redco.com/Mini-XLR-Connectors/

$4 each per connector,and shipping using USPS First-Class Mail® International Large Envelope is about $3-$4 depending where you are in Canada.

Those Switchcraft connectors are actually very easy to find locally, and not pay shipping, no need to order them from the states.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back