DIY Cable Gallery!!
Jul 23, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #13,786 of 16,305
  The new cable I built for my pair of JVC FX850s. I posted a single picture in the 850's thread, but here are some more. 

Wicked, I Like It!

Jul 23, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #13,787 of 16,305
  I ended up having to use some (whatever these things are called) from some pairs of DTxx0 headphones because the hole diameter was bigger than the ones that are on the T5p. Beyer really skimped out on cable quality on these headphones. Thin wires and Rean connectors? Come on Beyer!

Those are strain relief...
Great Job!

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #13,789 of 16,305
I ended up having to use some (whatever these things are called) from some pairs of DTxx0 headphones because the hole diameter was bigger than the ones that are on the T5p. Beyer really skimped out on cable quality on these headphones. Thin wires and Rean connectors? Come on Beyer!
Normally, I would agree with you on the cable buuut... they're meant to be portable. I can't see myself wearing a pair of HPs with the T1 cables attached to it no matter how short. :D With that said.... have you looked up how much it costs to replace the pads on a pair of T5ps....? O_o

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #13,790 of 16,305
have you looked up how much it costs to replace the pads on a pair of T5ps....? O_o

That is totally crazy... 
eek.gif

Jul 24, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #13,792 of 16,305
Normally, I would agree with you on the cable buuut... they're meant to be portable. I can't see myself wearing a pair of HPs with the T1 cables attached to it no matter how short.
biggrin.gif
With that said.... have you looked up how much it costs to replace the pads on a pair of T5ps....? O_o

I just think it could be a little thicker, if you snagged that cable on a corner of a counter or something I bet it could rip right out of one ear, it's so thin!

The T1 cable is way too thick for portable, I agree with that, a happy medium would be nice for the price you pay for the headphones.

And damn that price is high! They aren't even comfortable tbh, I demoed the pair I recabled (obviously) and actually thought to myself that I would have to replace the pads if I ever owned a pair. But the headphone diameter is 4" and there are a TON of pads that will fit that size, including Alpha Pads. That's what I'd be getting.

Jul 27, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #13,798 of 16,305
I've always enjoyed the hybrid look. Nice job on the braiding.

Jul 29, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #13,799 of 16,305
I may have asked this question before, so I apologise in advance, but I would like to get someone to build me some DIY speaker cables (single-wire),

I am a terrible with DIY, but I really like the work I've seen in this thread. If anyone is willing to help, please send me a PM for further details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back