DIY Cable Gallery!!
Dec 21, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #13,051 of 16,305
Dec 21, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #13,053 of 16,305
Hey guys...How do you solder the L/R/Ground onto a jack such as this one?

http://www.lunashops.co.uk/images/upload/Image/gyl-3_5-gold-2.jpg

Not a great pic, but it looks like you can wrap the wire around the posts in the middle and solder. Worst case you don't "need" any attachment to solder. You can lay the wire flat against the metal and solder them together. It just won't be as strong unless you have the crimp or something holding the wires really well...

As for poles, it should be ground on the outside, right on the thicker center pole and left on the thinner center pole if it is how it looks.

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #13,054 of 16,305
Dec 21, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #13,055 of 16,305

Not a great pic, but it looks like you can wrap the wire around the posts in the middle and solder. Worst case you don't "need" any attachment to solder. You can lay the wire flat against the metal and solder them together. It just won't be as strong unless you have the crimp or something holding the wires really well...

As for poles, it should be ground on the outside, right on the thicker center pole and left on the thinner center pole if it is how it looks.

Very helpful information! Thank you. 
I think that answers my question well and too the point.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/676402/diy-cable-questions-and-comments-thread/945

This page has the same question asked and basically answered. 

Either way, it's a better thread to direct your questions since this one is for pictures. 

Apologies, won't happen again:) 

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #13,056 of 16,305
  Very helpful information! Thank you. 
I think that answers my question well and too the point.

Apologies, won't happen again:) 

Sorry, It wasn't meant to sound critical or anything, just wanted to help. 

Sometimes I forget that the internet doesn't attach voice inflections to the words. Everything just comes out cold and harsh. 

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #13,057 of 16,305

Sorry, It wasn't meant to sound critical or anything, just wanted to help. 

Sometimes I forget that the internet doesn't attach voice inflections to the words. Everything just comes out cold and harsh. 

Haha, I know. I just didn't know how to reply, so apologizing randomly always seems to work. Sorry for the misunderstanding! (See?) Lol 
tongue.gif

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #13,058 of 16,305
Cool, what brand plug? Looking for a plug that will accommodate a bigger cable.

The dhc plug has a big opening in the back I made an 8 wire cable with one before

Dec 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #13,060 of 16,305
Do you guys use a diy cable in your car? Here's my Auxilary input cable
smily_headphones1.gif

Here is the LOD I threw together for the car.

Dec 23, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #13,064 of 16,305

Cool, what brand plug? Looking for a plug that will accommodate a bigger cable.

Close, it's actually an Acrolink connector from Lunashops, but it is also Rhodium plated like the one you linked. Normally if I need more room for more wires, or thicker wires, I just drill the barrel of whatever connector I'm using out a little more. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back