DIY Cable Gallery!!
May 4, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #14,898 of 16,305

Yeah... I'm going to take that as an insult!

I love you,
You love me.
We're a happy family.
With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you,
Won't you say you love me too?

May 7, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #14,902 of 16,305
Yes, that is correct. The L-shaped part of the neutrik connector is split into halves, so they can be glued into place after wiring the connectors together. A short 3:1 shrink tube can be passed over one of the connectors later.

May 7, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #14,903 of 16,305
That's the 2 right angle pieces without the barrells with some heatshrink.

Thanks for the info mate!

Yes, that is correct. The L-shaped part of the neutrik connector is split into halves, so they can be glued into place after wiring the connectors together. A short 3:1 shrink tube can be passed over one of the connectors later.

May I kindly know what type of glue did you use to bond the two halves of the barrel together?
As for the heat-shrink, after you have soldered all of the connections together and glue the barrel, you used a 3:1 heat shrink, slid it to the middle and shrunk it correct?
Finally, how many strands of conductor did you use for each channel? What were their gauge size?

Thank-you  

May 8, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #14,904 of 16,305

Where to get these angled neutriks (ntp3rc) cheap?.....$9 and above is all I cld find/get :frowning2:

May 8, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #14,905 of 16,305
  How did you make it that short?

Can you kindly explain?

I know for one that the cover of the neutrik plug is already longer than the ttl length of your interconnect

Technically is that a cable ;D?
It seems more like you put together 2x3.5mm and that's it, but it is a cute little connector, it might be a good stuff when you are portable amping.

May 8, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #14,906 of 16,305
Thanks for the info mate!

May I kindly know what type of glue did you use to bond the two halves of the barrel together?

As for the heat-shrink, after you have soldered all of the connections together and glue the barrel, you used a 3:1 heat shrink, slid it to the middle and shrunk it correct?

Finally, how many strands of conductor did you use for each channel? What were their gauge size?

Thank-you  

I soldered the wires together first, used superglue to close the shells, then passed heatshrink over it in the end.
It was a trial run, so I used leftover BTG audio wire of 26awg. Two ground, one left, one right channel. Next time I plan to use slightly better wire, but stiff wires prevent the cable from slightly expanding or compressing to account for a few millimeters of measurement error.

Where to get these angled neutriks (ntp3rc) cheap?.....$9 and above is all I cld find/get :frowning2:

Cheapest I could find was $3.42 with free shipping on Marketek.

Technically is that a cable ;D?
It seems more like you put together 2x3.5mm and that's it, but it is a cute little connector, it might be a good stuff when you are portable amping.

It has around 4 inches of wire combined inside (Around 1 inch per channel), so technically it is a cable.

May 8, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #14,907 of 16,305
I soldered the wires together first, used superglue to close the shells, then passed heatshrink over it in the end.
It was a trial run, so I used leftover BTG audio wire of 26awg. Two ground, one left, one right channel. Next time I plan to use slightly better wire, but stiff wires prevent the cable from slightly expanding or compressing to account for a few millimeters of measurement error.
It has around 4 inches of wire combined inside (Around 1 inch per channel), so technically it is a cable.

Well damn that is a tiny one :D cute moda****in cable then.
I would make use of one like that.

May 9, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #14,908 of 16,305

Thanks for the infornative reply mate! I shall give it a try once I have the chance.

May 9, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #14,910 of 16,305
Here's a quickie I whipped up.... 28awg spc stranded. Dont really care for the blue color but i got a smokin deal on 500 feet of it!
[/IMG][/IMG] the cable is a 8 wire box braid to 4 wire round braid on each side

Users who are viewing this thread

Back