DIY Cable Gallery!!
Sep 10, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #13,907 of 16,306

Thanks man
cool.gif
I was at first thinking I'd do an 8 strand tri-colour ladder style braid, but then I looked at the clock showing 11pm and though "naaaah". Then after fiddling around in my workshop and finishing up the cable above I look at the clock again "1am? dub tee eff, oh well" then snuck in another half hour of music before going to bed.

LoL. I've had that experience more than a few times. I like the cable. How's the weight?

Sep 10, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #13,908 of 16,306
I made an 8 strand interconnect once and even that took quite a while. It's not easy keeping the wires looking neat while you do it, I probably won't do it again unless someone asks me to.

I've done quite a few 8strand braids now. Some round or half-round types can be done freehand, but if I'm trying to do a dualstarquadthingamajiggy then I have to set up a rig with clamps etc.

I once had a local guy commission an 8-strand 12-foot solid core cable. That... was a ludicrous amount of work.

This one's only 6ish feet... but it was still a stupid amount of hours to put it all together. I have a jig set up and actually rotate myself around it as I work to ensure symmetry since it's impossble to pull with the same strength/angle with each hand every single time. Of course, that means I have to keep track of the proper orientation and order in my head as I walk around to make sure I don't screw up. Why not just rotate the jig? Because when you've got 8 wires and clamps and miscellany balanced around a small table, moving it is not an option.

Sep 10, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #13,909 of 16,306

LoL. I've had that experience more than a few times. I like the cable. How's the weight?

No more than the 8 strand Norse cable on my HE-6
cool.gif

Sep 15, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #13,910 of 16,306
Thanks again TrollDragon for the Lemo plugs!

Mogami wire, 2-strand braid, Lemo 5-pin plugs, and an Amphenol 3.5mm connector. I'll put an actual splitter on this eventually, I just didn't have one on hand when I made this. I was bored and wanted to do some DIY so the Y-split is heat shrink for the time being.

Sep 15, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #13,911 of 16,306
Wow those look great! A really amazing plug to work with, the build quality is incredible.

You are most welcome!
Enjoy

Sep 16, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #13,914 of 16,306
  Thanks again TrollDragon for the Lemo plugs!

Mogami wire, 2-strand braid, Lemo 5-pin plugs, and an Amphenol 3.5mm connector. I'll put an actual splitter on this eventually, I just didn't have one on hand when I made this. I was bored and wanted to do some DIY so the Y-split is heat shrink for the time being.

Where did you get this sleeving? Looks awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back