DIY Cable Gallery!!
May 18, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #13,621 of 16,305
Thank you, in future please PM me to place orders as shipping would be cheaper, the shipping on the site is set for cables, not sure how to adjust it for parts.

Ok, I'll be sure to do that. I'll be PMing within the month as I want to make another cable for my DiY ortho.

May 18, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #13,622 of 16,305
  Both the Neutrik and rean 3.5mm plugs are the exact quality as they are the same plug, just different logo. You will find that many places you order Neutrik from will also send you the rean instead.

Only place you will see different quality is when the exact same connector is not sold in both the Neutrik and Rean brands, so how do you compare one against the other. When you find the same product under both brands, you will find them to be the same, they are just sold under 2 different brands.

Even on the rean site, you will find that the actual product pictures show the Neutrik branded plugs, http://www.rean-connectors.com/en/products/35-mm-plugs/

Some of the products that are now being sold with both Neutrik and Rean brands, will soon only be available in the Rean brand, including the 3.5mm plugs, that's my understanding from speaking directly with Neutrik UK some time ago.

Anyhow, this is the picture gallery.

Except for the fact that Neutrik only makes 2 versions of the ⅛" TRS connector which is a right angle with cable clamp and Rean only makes straight ⅛" TRS and TS connectors. Rean is a budget connector company, they even claim that on their home page.

May 18, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #13,623 of 16,305

Both the Neutrik and rean 3.5mm plugs are the exact quality as they are the same plug, just different logo. You will find that many places you order Neutrik from will also send you the rean instead.

Only place you will see different quality is when the exact same connector is not sold in both the Neutrik and Rean brands, so how do you compare one against the other. When you find the same product under both brands, you will find them to be the same, they are just sold under 2 different brands.

Even on the rean site, you will find that the actual product pictures show the Neutrik branded plugs, http://www.rean-connectors.com/en/products/35-mm-plugs/

Some of the products that are now being sold with both Neutrik and Rean brands, will soon only be available in the Rean brand, including the 3.5mm plugs, that's my understanding from speaking directly with Neutrik UK some time ago.

Anyhow, this is the picture gallery.

Except for the fact that Neutrik only makes 2 versions of the ⅛" TRS connector which is a right angle with cable clamp and Rean only makes straight ⅛" TRS and TS connectors. Rean is a budget connector company, they even claim that on their home page.

Yes, but the rean and neutrik connectors are identical. I use both. Threading, build, etc. identical.

May 18, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #13,624 of 16,305

Yes, but the rean and neutrik connectors are identical. I use both. Threading, build, etc. identical.

Exactly my point, thank you.

As for Rean being a budget company, i like to think of Neutrik as the same, when it comes to the connectors we use in the manufacture of headphone/IEM cables.

Anyhow, i don't wish to derail this thread further. Some great looking cables on here, i will be looking for more people to help me out soon :wink:

I will be making available some new 1/8" straight and angled plugs, along with some 1/4" plugs next month, all custom made and carbon fibre.

May 18, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #13,625 of 16,305

Can you provide a part number for both a Neutrik and Rean connector that is identical?

Originally Posted by Toxic Cables /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i like to think of Neutrik as the same, when it comes to the connectors we use in the manufacture of headphone/IEM cables.

That's laughable, Neutrik AG is easily the most well regarded audio connector company in the world. I don't know of any professional that would have another choice. 

To keep things on topic, here's some cables I made awhile back that I have since given to friends.

May 18, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #13,629 of 16,305

Can you provide a part number for both a Neutrik and Rean connector that is identical?

That's laughable, Neutrik AG is easily the most well regarded audio connector company in the world. I don't know of any professional that would have another choice. 

To keep things on topic, here's some cables I made awhile back that I have since given to friends.

Why don't you look it up, it's the 3.5mm straight jacks everyone has been speaking of. 

Ain't we talking about a budget product, the connectors Neutrik that most on here use including the £0.85 connector we was all speaking of are hardly expensive compared to all the other will known brands around, so i don't see what exactly is laughable about my comment.

We were all speaking of both Rean and Neutrik 3.5mm jack being the exact same plug, so not sure where you are headed.

May 18, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #13,631 of 16,305

There is only one part number, because there is only one part. It is a neutrik/rean connector. Some sites list it as neutrik some list it as rean, but they are both the nysxxx series connector. Rean is part of neutrik, and they simply make the more affordable connectors by making them more simplistic in materials and design. They have the same excellent durability and quality though. And that's probably why they don't make a "neutrik" labeled straight 3.5. Whey would they need to if the rean is that good? They could make a fancy enclosure, but that would just be extra cost for no good reason in my opinion. But to each his own. :)

May 18, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #13,633 of 16,305
  There is only one part number, because there is only one part. It is a neutrik/rean connector. Some sites list it as neutrik some list it as rean, but they are both the nysxxx series connector. Rean is part of neutrik, and they simply make the more affordable connectors by making them more simplistic in materials and design. They have the same excellent durability and quality though. And that's probably why they don't make a "neutrik" labeled straight 3.5. Whey would they need to if the rean is that good? They could make a fancy enclosure, but that would just be extra cost for no good reason in my opinion. But to each his own. :)

You are correct. Couple of years ago, the 3.5mm jack was only available with the Neutrik branding, there was some confusion on this thread when people were ordering the Neutrik 3.5mm jacks and they were receiving the Rean branded ones instead,which they had never heard of.

There are still some Neutrik branded ones floating about, but the one under the rean brand now is the exact same plug that was previously sold as Neutrik only.

May 18, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #13,634 of 16,305

You are correct. Couple of years ago, the 3.5mm jack was only available with the Neutrik branding, there was some confusion on this thread when people were ordering the Neutrik 3.5mm jacks and they were receiving the Rean branded ones instead,which they had never heard of.

There are still some Neutrik branded ones floating about, but the one under the rean brand now is the exact same plug that was previously sold as Neutrik only.
Right, and that doesn't mean there aren't other great connectors. Rean just happens to be a well built, affordable option

Users who are viewing this thread

Back