DIY Cable Gallery!!
Aug 25, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #7,321 of 16,305
Aug 25, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #7,323 of 16,305

Quote:

yes please.

it says any color you like in the description! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
For sleeving>?

lol, no dude. replacement shoe laces.

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #7,324 of 16,305
hi ya'll  sr71b question

i got mine today - AWESOME!

issue with the balanced output plug though.. i reterminated it (using lcd'2's so the cable is balanced now) and when i plugged it in the sound  - while clearly getting bigger and better, also got distorted and grainy particularly noticible on the vocals.

i just realized that i mixed up the L+R ground.  could this be causing the issue?  i'm gonna fix it and find out, but just wondering if this is the possible culprit

thanks

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #7,325 of 16,305
absolutely this has the potential to be the culprit!  since in a stereo recording, the L and R signals will be different, you will be "pushing" the right driver with the R+ signal, and pulling with the L- signal.  since these do not match, they will sometimes "fight" against each other - very bad indeed

Quote:
hi ya'll  sr71b question

i got mine today - AWESOME!

issue with the balanced output plug though.. i reterminated it (using lcd'2's so the cable is balanced now) and when i plugged it in the sound  - while clearly getting bigger and better, also got distorted and grainy particularly noticible on the vocals.

i just realized that i mixed up the L+R ground.  could this be causing the issue?  i'm gonna fix it and find out, but just wondering if this is the possible culprit

thanks

Aug 26, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #7,327 of 16,305

Quote:
I just wanted to, the original buds had it so I wanted it on this also, I pocked those jacks up from a local Hifi store.

..doesn't it take up another channel, which translates into one more signal wire? And also why use crystal piccolino if you use normal-quality jacks ): WHERE'S THE OYAIDE :)

Aug 27, 2011 at 4:18 AM Post #7,328 of 16,305
my 3/32" brown rope came in today.  its actually smaller.. more like just over 1/16" or about 2mm thick.  albeit darker than advertised, it is otherwise perfect.  i used it to sleeve strands of 26awg silicone covered SPC wire.  total diameter of this cable is 5mm or 3/16" 
just as I envisioned, this cable is turning out extremely flexible.. Its quite literally like a wet noodle.  it doesnt hold its shape at all, it just dangles.  I've been trying to source the proper materials to make calble like this for a loooooooong time
Here is a preview of what is going to be a balanced LCD-2 cable terminated with a male mini xlr so i can interchange connectors.  
Threading the wire through the tubing, and braiding were both quite time consuming processes.. The actual soldering process is usually the easiest part of the whole operation.

Aug 27, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #7,329 of 16,305

Quote:
my 3/32" brown rope came in today.  its actually smaller.. more like just over 1/16" or about 2mm thick.  albeit darker than advertised, it is otherwise perfect.  i used it to sleeve strands of 26awg silicone covered SPC wire.  total diameter of this cable is 5mm or 3/16" 
just as I envisioned, this cable is turning out extremely flexible.. Its quite literally like a wet noodle.  it doesnt hold its shape at all, it just dangles.  I've been trying to source the proper materials to make calble like this for a loooooooong time
Here is a preview of what is going to be a balanced LCD-2 cable terminated with a male mini xlr so i can interchange connectors.  
Threading the wire through the tubing, and braiding were both quite time consuming processes.. The actual soldering process is usually the easiest part of the whole operation.

It looks AWESOME!

Do you have a direct link for the rope?

Aug 27, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #7,330 of 16,305

Quote:

Very nice br! Where can one order it?

Aug 27, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #7,331 of 16,305
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-32-x-200-Fancy-Brown-Cotton-Shoe-Lace-Bead-Cord-/160517253695?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item255f92ea3f

its actually darker, like a chocolate brown... my photo is not accurate and niehter is his.

Aug 27, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #7,333 of 16,305

Quote:
how do you get 2 wires to stay twisted together when they dont hold their shap on their own?

Not much you can do about that. I suppose you could try running some bare, solid core wire (say something like 24 or 26 gauge) alongside the silicone insulated wire but I think it would end up looking a bit funky as the individual leads would no longer be nice and round.

se

Aug 27, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #7,334 of 16,305

Quote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-32-x-200-Fancy-Brown-Cotton-Shoe-Lace-Bead-Cord-/160517253695?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item255f92ea3f

its actually darker, like a chocolate brown... my photo is not accurate and niehter is his.

Your picture is way better than his, i wouldn't even buy wire with a picture like that!

Aug 27, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #7,335 of 16,305

Quote:
Your picture is way better than his, i wouldn't even buy wire with a picture like that!

yeah, i knew it was a gamble, but I had been searching for cotton tubing that small for so long that when i saw it i just felt it in my gut and bought it on impulse.  Glad I did.
also his photo made it look like a really perfect shade of tan.. luckily chocolate brown is nice too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back