DIY Cable Gallery!!
Feb 23, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #6,364 of 16,306
Just bought these Beyerdynamic dt990 recabled with spc by elwappo99 but they were xlr4 and i did not have an amp that is compatible so i did a rebraid and retermination with a Furutech FP-704.

This was the before.

614499.jpg

Feb 24, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #6,366 of 16,306
^ How did the sound change? I'm considering doing a 2893 recable to my Denons. Either that or I'm selling them because I'm not too keen on them atm.

Anyway here's the cables I did recently. This was my first venture into making cables, I'm pleased with how they came out. I pretty much copied your Grado sr80 pic-by-pic recable with a different plug and split lol..

MS1i
Mogami 2893
Nylon Multifilament
Qables y-split
Neutrik NP3X-B 6.3mm

Matching 4m Mogami 2893 extension w/ locking Neutrik 6.3mm Socket

0.25m Mogami 2893 RCA Cables
Nylon Multifilament
REAN Plugs

Feb 25, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #6,367 of 16,306
As per my friend:

it's a lot more well rounded than it was before, it had a really tight and defined bass before the recable, now it's got just the right amount of oomph in the low end and even more definition and clarity all around

He tells me he's pleased, so I take his word for it haha.

Feb 26, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #6,368 of 16,306
Some Denons for a friend:

r00249049022812.jpg

r00248989045661.jpg

Brendan

Really liking how neat your work looks. I recently had an HD650 cable made by a prominent member who posts here, and I must say the sloppy work on the heatshrink at the Y split and over the plugs, the misalignment of the plugs, as well as the use of a jack not agreed on has been a constant source of annoyance. Visiting this thread and seeing the care some of you put into your work adds salt to the wound :frowning2:

Feb 28, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #6,370 of 16,306
Here's an LOD that I assembled last night during the Oscars :)

It's the first one that I've made with CryoParts' TWcu wire, and it came out pretty nicely. I was out of sleeving, and didn't know how I wanted to deal with the wires, so I just left them straight/unbraided. The LOD is about as short as can be (without hacking) to still allow my Nano to be strapped down comfortably to the Tomahawk. Overall, I really like the finished product for a very quick project. I have a few others in the works that I'll post later.

Parts:
  1. Ultra-thin 30-pin connector (unshielded, snap assembly)
  2. CryoParts TWcu wire
  3. ViaBlue T6s 3.5 mm plug
  4. PRP 68K Ohm 0.5 W resistor
  5. 1/8" 2:1 polyolefin heat shrink & Performix liquid electrical tape
  6. WBT silver solder

Feb 28, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #6,371 of 16,306
Hey amused, nice LOD. Cable newbie question here; what purpose does the resistor serve?

Mar 1, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #6,374 of 16,306

Quote:
Here's an LOD that I assembled last night during the Oscars :)

It's the first one that I've made with CryoParts' TWcu wire, and it came out pretty nicely. I was out of sleeving, and didn't know how I wanted to deal with the wires, so I just left them straight/unbraided. The LOD is about as short as can be (without hacking) to still allow my Nano to be strapped down comfortably to the Tomahawk. Overall, I really like the finished product for a very quick project. I have a few others in the works that I'll post later.

Parts:
  1. Ultra-thin 30-pin connector (unshielded, snap assembly)
  2. CryoParts TWcu wire
  3. ViaBlue T6s 3.5 mm plug
  4. PRP 68K Ohm 0.5 W resistor
  5. 1/8" 2:1 polyolefin heat shrink & Performix liquid electrical tape
  6. WBT silver solder

I like the color match. Very nice.

Mar 1, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #6,375 of 16,306

Quote:
The resistor in an LOD lets the iPod know that it is supposed to send audio to the line out pins instead of the headphone out jack.

Thanks for responding to grokit. 

I've read that the resistor may not be necessary anymore for the iPhone 4, but since I had a bunch on hand, I went with the conservative design. I've yet to see a definitive report on the resistor-less design (maybe I haven't searched thoroughly enough), so that was another deciding factor for using one. Otherwise, I would have used the ultra-small 30-pin connector.

Quote:
I like the color match. Very nice.

Thanks! ...but that ViaBlue plug looks good with just about anything :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back