DIY Cable Gallery!!
Feb 21, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #5,266 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediaogre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gorgeous, Dimitri. Where do you guys get your heavy duty shrink tubing?

I got all my DIY parts from Moon audio. The heatshrink is really good quality and shrinks to like three times the original size. Good stuff!

Feb 21, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #5,267 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While that may be TRUE, Switchcraft RCAs are around the same price but they swallow the Mogami fine.

I have used the basic Neutriks quite a bit (I like the way they look way more than the Switchcraft), and haven't had any problems with the ground tab. I agree that it isn't smooth inside and scuffs up the multifilament, but using W2893 work much easier with these.

Feb 21, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #5,268 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by FraGGleR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So we are back full circle in that a shield-attached-at-only-the-source-end is the way to go? But now for the right explanation? Heh. This is actually kind of fun.

BUT this is a gallery thread, so on that note nice speaker cables, xTr3Me-aka-Chris. Is that Viablue Redline sleeving that you used?

ughhh sigh.... I wish I could post pics. I got a pair that I've used for a while now and I love how they look. Too bad its against head-fi rules.

Feb 21, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #5,269 of 16,312
And to actually contribute a picture, here is a work in progress pic of my first low profile LOD.

fraggler-albums-diy-cables-picture4784-low-profile-putty-lod-progress.jpg

I forgot to take pics as I built it, but it is a clipped Neutrik mini (decided to not waste a right angle), Mundorf wire, and some epoxy putty from Home Depot. So far, not too bad. I will be taking a rotary sanding tool to it to even and smooth it out. It is ugly now (that is teflon tape to protect the mundorf from the putty), but it works perfectly.

Feb 21, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #5,270 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdupiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ughhh sigh.... I wish I could post pics. I got a pair that I've used for a while now and I love how they look. Too bad its against head-fi rules.

If they are your own cables is that still not kosher?

Feb 21, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #5,271 of 16,312
Quote:

As long as he's not in the business of selling them or has some other financial interest in them, I don't see any reason why he can't post pictures.

se

Feb 21, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #5,272 of 16,312
Quote:

Not if you've sold cables on the forum (as an MOT) even though I don't have the title officially (yet), still can't do it. Once you've sold cables outside of DIY price (cost of parts + shipping) then you're an MOT, (made official by Jude and his team of course) and are no longer allowed to post pics as it would be a form of advertising.

Feb 21, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #5,273 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdupiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not if you've sold cables on the forum (as an MOT) even though I don't have the title officially (yet), still can't do it. Once you've sold cables outside of DIY price (cost of parts + shipping) then you're an MOT, (made official by Jude and his team of course) and are no longer allowed to post pics as it would be a form of advertising.

Unless they're cables that you had previously sold as a MOT, I don't see why posting photos of them would be a problem.

Hell, send me the photos and I'll post 'em.
atsmile.gif

se

Feb 21, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #5,275 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koyaan I. Sqatsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well well, look what just came in over the transom.

Beautiful cables.

Gee, I wonder who could have made them?
wink_face.gif

ROFL.

Those are absolutely some beautiful cables. I love that weave and have experiemented with it, but never made a finished cable because I couldn't get it perfect looking. Very nice.

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #5,279 of 16,312
Wow, the one of the right incorporates two of my biggest cabling nightmares: the ultra slim LOD and the Neutrik RA. Great job handling them
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #5,280 of 16,312
Here is my newly made extension cable that will be used to connect my se530's to my Fiio e5. I couldn't stand the rigidity and the tangling of the stock extension cable, so i decided to build one instead. I used stripped mogami mini starquad cable for this job and neutrik connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back