DIY Cable Gallery!!
Dec 18, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #4,921 of 16,305
Old 14th April 2003, 06:37 thats a yee long time ago . so i read through that speculation to come to the conclusion it has to do with the ring and the pin size so i took out a canare and a bjc 75 ohm all 3 pin size look the same, all 3 have different lengths of pins but maybe those are not even 75 ohm ohh audio world why do you do this to me
smily_headphones1.gif
im buy a whole bunch of bncs that are 75 ohm and compare them now at least i have something to do now
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 21, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #4,929 of 16,305
Thank you! I love the colors too, but would have preferred to used some transparent rubber tubing to keep the wires from spreading apart when compressed, but don't have any lying around, so i opted for the raw look of explosive colors instead.

Dec 21, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #4,930 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by drummerdimitri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you! I love the colors too, but would have preferred to used some transparent rubber tubing to keep the wires from spreading apart when compressed, but don't have any lying around, so i opted for the raw look of explosive colors instead.

Clear heat shrink
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #4,934 of 16,305
Lighter's don't work as well on non-black tubing. It'll burn unless you hold it a certain distance away and even then, clear tubing will usually discolor from the smoke given off. The only lighter I've found that works on clear and colored heatshrink without being a PITA are torches. Heatgun's only $10 though so it's cheaper just to buy one of those from Harbor freight than it would be to buy a good torch lighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back