DIY Audez'e LCD-2 Headphone Stand
Mar 7, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #17 of 32
Quote:
Awesome man. I need a stand as well, I will make one like yours 

Nice man. I'm sure your Denons will look great on it.

There's something about a nice wood finish, displayed in front of a flat black background that's very pleasing.

BTW. I kept seeing you pop up as I was in pursuit of my Meier Concerto/StageDAC combo a couple weeks ago. We both got ours around the same time. I think I might've gotten mine a bit earlier because my purchases were fairly local, but anyways... How sick is that combo!? I love it man, I can't imagine myself ever selling it. Unless a very very desperate need of money comes up, but even at that, I would consider many more things before my Meier Combo.

Mar 7, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #18 of 32
Well I got my combo 2 weeks ago or there about. It's a sick combo especially considering the price I got them for. I would only upgrade this if I decide to go balanced somewhere in the far future. 
You echo my feelings, it would definitely be the last thing I would sell if i was ever in need of cash. I'm going to a meet next week and really want to see how it performs with other headphones.

Mar 7, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #19 of 32
Nice work. I really like the look of your stand.
Some stands for my headphones has been on my list of things to make for a while now and I think something like yours would work well with my HD580 and maybe my AD2000.

Mar 9, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #20 of 32
Quote:
Nice work. I really like the look of your stand.
Some stands for my headphones has been on my list of things to make for a while now and I think something like yours would work well with my HD580 and maybe my AD2000.

Yeah man! And you're wallet won't hate you for it either. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #21 of 32
I came across this awhile back and I really loved your design BrianMendoza. So I tried my own, basically the exact same thing except I used zebra wood.

I haven't put a finish on it, not sure I want to. And I've got felt pads on all contact points. 

Thanks for posting yours! I never would have thought of anything as cool.

Mar 29, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #22 of 32
Quote:
I came across this awhile back and I really loved your design BrianMendoza. So I tried my own, basically the exact same thing except I used zebra wood.

I haven't put a finish on it, not sure I want to. And I've got felt pads on all contact points. 

DUDE! Nice work. I knew it was only time until someone took my idea to the next level.

Where'd you get your hands on that wood? It looks awesome.

PS. The wood casing on your LCD-2's look really good too. Are they from a newer order batch?

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #23 of 32
Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I kinda want to try another one made with wenge or bubinga.

I got the wood from http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=18564

Just got a 24" x 5" x 3/4. They've got a lot of different woods.

As for the LCD-2, I got em a week ago, so they are pretty new. And I'm just now realizing how nice the wood on the front of them looks haha.

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #24 of 32
Quote:
Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I kinda want to try another one made with wenge or bubinga.

I got the wood from http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=18564

Just got a 24" x 5" x 3/4. They've got a lot of different woods.

As for the LCD-2, I got em a week ago, so they are pretty new. And I'm just now realizing how nice the wood on the front of them looks haha.

Nice, they've got a location right by me. I'll have to stop by sometime this week.

And Your LCD-2's are a newer model one, like mine, but the wood on yours does look better.

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #26 of 32

Quote:

Man that is just bad-ass. Love the new look on the LCDs as well.

Sep 3, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #27 of 32
Such a lovely stand, you've inspired me to try out some DIY now!

Nov 19, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #28 of 32

Here is my LCD-2 stand.

6" pvc pipe with cloth tape as skin protection. ^^

Dec 20, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #30 of 32
Now I got an idea of the 6" pvc pipe should be cut 45 degree slope cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back