Divine Moments in Music
Mar 7, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #181 of 193
...I recently stumbled over this one while digitizing some of my LPs:

SAGA "In Transit"... the first 4 songs / 1st side of the LP is a glorious firework of 1980s rock:

1. Careful where you step
  2. Don't be late
  3. Humble Stance
  4. How Long

Here the first one:

Surely, this doesn't qualify by musical complexity or whatsoever, this qualifies by atmosphere and intensity. Listen to those 4 songs in one go and you know what I mean...

Mar 11, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #183 of 193
Brian Eno - Another Green World: Simply an amazing album. One of those albums that can make you question whether you are still in the same dimension when listening to it.

Talking Heads - Remain In Light: Not even gonna bother trying to convey this album's greatness through mere words

May 25, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #185 of 193
Pat Metheny Group,  "The Way Up"

Part 4:  First 6-7 minutes of the 15 minute track.

I have heard it 100 time or more and still get goosebumps.  The most chilling, uplifting, sensational piece of music I have ever heard.  One of the few pieces I have never tired of (and that's my criteria).

May 27, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #186 of 193

My all time favorite Elton song. 
This song makes me nostalgic, reminisce innocent days of childhood.
Nigel Olsson's drumming in the outro is just phenomenal. If you have a good pair of headphones or speakers with good bass, this song really comes to life.

Nov 26, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #191 of 193
Joan Morris and Max Morath duetting on "Till the Clouds Roll By."  The harmonized voices choke me up.  I don't even know why.  To my knowledge, the album, "These Charming People," has never been released in a digital format.

Dec 8, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #192 of 193
really great music, for those rare moments in (recorded:) human history where musicians are able to connect themselves and the audience with “the universe and everything”. This is about music that is capturing all attention. When you open up to it, then there will be no space left for anything else while you listen. In a certain sense the musicians (and in the best case also the audience) become godlike, above and beyond space and time…. those are the real magical moments of mankind.

Not the best quality but I found this song by David Phelps very emotional.

Feb 6, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #193 of 193
My favorite version of the Flower Duet from Lakme

Users who are viewing this thread

Back