DITA "The Answer"
Oct 27, 2013 at 1:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

powasky

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone else clicked on the DITA ad that's been showing up recently?  Looks like a new single driver dynamic that was scheduled to be released today at the
 Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival.  

They've got two models listed so far - A standard model and one with an upgraded cable.   

Could be interesting, right?  No pricing yet and I didn't find anything online in a brief search.  I'd guess the standard model will shoot for $250 and the upgraded cable model will be closer to $350, possibly higher.  

Their website is http://www.ditaaudio.com/home/.  Thoughts?  
ETA:  One thing that I don't understand is on the Plug page, under the Technology tab.  Do resonances in a plug matter?  I've never considered this before. 

Oct 27, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #4 of 32
I had the privilege to try the prototypes of both the Answer, as well as the Truth Edition. While some may lament the lack of a user-replaceable cable, the cable in the Answer was specifically designed to give the IEMs a specific sound signature, and as such, allowing the end-user to change the cables would deviate from the sound-signature that the designers wish for the listeners to experience.

I personally placed a pre-order for the Truth Edition after hearing what it was capable of. The projected price for the Answer is 49,990 Yen (~$500USD) and 79,990 Yen (~$800USD) for the Truth Edition at the Fujiya Avic Autumn Show so while it is not cheap by any means, I think it should be able to hold its own in a market currently populated by Hybrids and multi-driver IEMs.

I am in no way affiliated with DITA Audio. Just your average Head-fier. :)

Oct 27, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #5 of 32
I tried the early version Dita last year at the Tokyo Show 2012 behind the scenes and was quite impressed.

This year I also had the good fortune again of meeting the pleasant Dita team and again auditioning their finished new product line.

Last year it was more quiet, this time in the main central show room full of people, with added noise and distractions it was a bit difficult to have a decent listen. But what I did hear I enjoyed.

I expect to have more opportunity this week to further audition The Truth Dita and to post a review.

Regards.

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #6 of 32
I tried the early version Dita last year at the Tokyo Show 2012 behind the scenes and was quite impressed.

This year I also had the good fortune again of meeting the pleasant Dita team and again auditioning their finished new product line.

Last year it was more quiet, this time in the main central show room full of people, with added noise and distractions it was a bit difficult to have a decent listen. But what I did hear I enjoyed.

I expect to have more opportunity this week to further audition The Truth Dita and to post a review.

Regards.

I'm looking forward to it.  

An additional $300 on top of an already costly earphone does not seem reasonable for an upgraded cable.  I'm interested to see how this plays out.

Oct 27, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #7 of 32

Agreed.  Its hard for me to understand why manus are still overlooking (for whatever reason) the benefits of a user-replaceable cable.  

same here.IMO no matter how good the iem sounds, i wouldnt be personally interested if there wasnt a user-replaceable cable involved. not just to have the ability to purchase a 3rd party cable. but just because the majority of these ''universal'' iem's arent cheap like the k3003. too me its too much money to not have a option of a removeable cable. imo its paramount for the ability to remove the cable. 

Oct 27, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #8 of 32
  same here.IMO no matter how good the iem sounds, i wouldnt be personally interested if there wasnt a user-replaceable cable involved. not just to have the ability to purchase a 3rd party cable. but just because the majority of these ''universal'' iem's arent cheap like the k3003. too me its too much money to not have a option of a removeable cable. imo its paramount for the ability to remove the cable. 

Especially for $500.  

Nov 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #10 of 32
The guys from DITA actually contacted me at the previous show and told me about their new IEMs. What I've heard so far of them has impressed me. Most of all Danny and Desmond always have something intelligent and thoughtful to say whenever I've spoken to them. They gave me a production sample to try. They have gone to a lot of care to produce the IEMs, right down to little touches in the packaging. I'll post my thoughts on them later in my show report.

Nov 1, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #11 of 32

unfortunately yes, deal breaker...

Nov 1, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #12 of 32

unfortunately yes, deal breaker...

cant agree more, i dont care if this iem sounds like ''god singing'' it better be RC or its off my radar; just too much money to put out there to not be able to replace it if something went wrong...maybe it will never have problems, maybe it will have nothing but problems...just having a removeable cable gives you that piece of mind that you can replace the cable and not have to replace the ear pieces themselves along with the cable.

Nov 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #13 of 32
  cant agree more, i dont care if this iem sounds like ''god singing'' it better be RC or its off my radar; just too much money to put out there to not be able to replace it if something went wrong...maybe it will never have problems, maybe it will have nothing but problems...just having a removeable cable gives you that piece of mind that you can replace the cable and not have to replace the ear pieces themselves along with the cable.

The only way I can really square with a non-replaceable cable is a long warranty, such as RHA's 3 year.  

Nov 2, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #14 of 32
Well that is true. I would still like the ability to apply my third party cables. Personally I think they make a difference and the ability to use then would be nice.

But a long warrenty would be nice annnnnnddd a removeable cable haha

Nov 3, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #15 of 32
  The guys from DITA actually contacted me at the previous show and told me about their new IEMs. What I've heard so far of them has impressed me. Most of all Danny and Desmond always have something intelligent and thoughtful to say whenever I've spoken to them. They gave me a production sample to try. They have gone to a lot of care to produce the IEMs, right down to little touches in the packaging. I'll post my thoughts on them later in my show report.

I am in the same position as Currawong has written above.
I agree with everything he has written.

`The guys from DITA actually contacted me at the previous show and told me about their new IEMs.
What I've heard so far of them has impressed me.
Most of all Danny and Desmond always have something intelligent and thoughtful to say whenever I've spoken to them.
They gave me a production sample to try.
They have gone to a lot of care to produce the IEMs, right down to little touches in the packaging.

I'll post my thoughts on them later`.................

........./ In a new thread on the `Dita, The Truth`

I am really enjoying them, great full sound for a single driver, punchy but not overpowering bass, crisp distinct non-screechy highs, lush detailed mids.
Currently searching hard for faults and weaknesses but am finding it difficult to pinpoint anything exactly, they are quite excellent overall.
The three sets of different bored tips offer varying sound signatures.
Even commuting on the train they still retain their signature.
More to come within my full review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back