DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Feb 11, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #1,006 of 1,451
  It would be good If people could add what source/player they used whilst using/demo-ing the DITAs.

This makes a lot of difference to end result and impressions. ipod classic vs AK240 for example.

This is the bottom line right here, if your source isn't up to par, the Truth will sound far flatter and less engaging, with the Answer doing far better, and on superior sources (I'm currently using an AK100II) you can really tell the difference. I have actually tried to do double blind testing to see if I can tell the 2 DITA's apart (I'm quite the cable skeptic), and so far I can tell which one is which 100% of the time, no guesswork at all. On the iPods the Answer has quite the advantage being less detailed and more forgiving, and they do an amazing job when paired with lower end sources. But once you start on rigs like AK players and high-end Desktop DACs , you really see where the Truth out-shines the Answer.

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #1,007 of 1,451
I've got the truth plugged in the Hugo and for the fun of it I will let it burn in for 300 hours so I can hit the 1K burnin mark. Doubt if anything is going to change but worth the try.

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #1,008 of 1,451
  This is the bottom line right here, if your source isn't up to par, the Truth will sound far flatter and less engaging, with the Answer doing far better, and on superior sources (I'm currently using an AK100II) you can really tell the difference. I have actually tried to do double blind testing to see if I can tell the 2 DITA's apart (I'm quite the cable skeptic), and so far I can tell which one is which 100% of the time, no guesswork at all. On the iPods the Answer has quite the advantage being less detailed and more forgiving, and they do an amazing job when paired with lower end sources. But once you start on rigs like AK players and high-end Desktop DACs , you really see where the Truth out-shines the Answer.

I dunno, I tried it out of an iPhone 5, Chord Hugo, DX90 and GO 450. Same results. My friend seemed to note a difference between Truth and Answer out of a DX90 though. He seemed to much prefer the Answer. I have no idea how to account for that. And I can tell the two apart in a double blind test as well since the cables will feel completely different obviously. I wanna state that I've never noted what could be called a big difference between iPhones and dedicated DAPs, or cables though so I'm naturally skeptical about all of this stuff 

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #1,009 of 1,451

I don't agree with this at all... I enjoy the AK100, but most of my crtitcal listening between the two was done with high-rez files through either my Concero HP or my old (now my brother's) Burson Conductor, both of which are superior to the AK100, at least in my opinion...

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #1,010 of 1,451
I don't agree with this at all... I enjoy the AK100, but most of my crtitcal listening between the two was done with high-rez files through either my Concero HP or my old (now my brother's) Burson Conductor, both of which are superior to the AK100, at least in my opinion...

Well that's the best part about the hobby, it's all personal, so what works for me might not work for you, and vice versa!

At least for me, I notice quite a significant difference between the 2 versions, through my player. It's the AK100ii(longer, rectangular one), not the older version, it is quite a bit better than the original, which I have to agree is not nearly up to par with your sources.(which are very nice sources BTW)

Bottom line is that for me I hear a very substantial difference between the 2, and I like what I hear in both, hence I own them both :D

Feb 15, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #1,012 of 1,451

Fact is different people have different preference.

I've heard both versions on the AK240 with good recordings and yes they sound very different and the Truth has more detail. However IMHO, that does not necessary make it more enjoyable and "better". I can easily change all the cables in my system to silver conductors to get a load more details and expansive imaging, but that may not be an improvement if it means tonal balance is skewed to the point of compromising listening pleasure. Which is how I feel about the Truth but I'm not going to dictate how others derive their listening pleasure.

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #1,014 of 1,451
Fact is different people have different preference.

I've heard both versions on the AK240 with good recordings and yes they sound very different and the Truth has more detail. However IMHO, that does not necessary make it more enjoyable and "better". I can easily change all the cables in my system to silver conductors to get a load more details and expansive imaging, but that may not be an improvement if it means tonal balance is skewed to the point of compromising listening pleasure. Which is how I feel about the Truth but I'm not going to dictate how others derive their listening pleasure.

I agree with you. The answer sounds more visceral and full bodied to you doesnt it?

But if you have a chance do try the truth on some top desktop setups, you might find that the lack of musicality vanishes :) thats what i found when i tried them on the invicta, which, if any of you havent heard, is what is used to tune the ditas :) worth a shot! :)

Feb 17, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #1,015 of 1,451
I'm always open to try but with a desktop system and re-evaluate my opinion; out of curiosity. I suspect that my HD800 will have more potential to end game sound as the Truth is priced not far away. Moving to a desktop system opens another can of worms - from AC related tweaks and isolation to tube rolling...so frankly I'm unlikely to buy an IEM for desktop.

Btw, I suspect the set I auditioned at the show has not been burned in as it's ridiculously bright. I'll try the Truth again.

Feb 17, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #1,016 of 1,451
Man, I love my Answer, but I just listed it for sale. I just can't the extreme isolation I need... Tried tons of tips at this point, Comply, Blue Cell foam, Monster gel and foam, Sony Hybrid... Nothing works better for me than the DITA blues. They provide good isolation for sure, but not the extreme amount that I need. Bummer. Thinking I may switch to some Shure SE846, or even SE535... Although I'm unsure how happy I'd be with the 535's bass abilities. Etymotic is out, I couldn't get a good fit with those, and the bass wasn't enough...

Feb 17, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #1,018 of 1,451
Have you set a release date yet?

Hi There,

We have finished up the fabrication of the 3.5 to 3.5 interconnects. They will need to be QC'ed and then packaged and we'll have to get them up on the webstore and sent to distributors accordingly. I reckon, 2nd week of March or even before that. Thanks.

D.

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #1,019 of 1,451
Have you set a release date yet?

Hi There,

We have finished up the fabrication of the 3.5 to 3.5 interconnects. They will need to be QC'ed and then packaged and we'll have to get them up on the webstore and sent to distributors accordingly. I reckon, 2nd week of March or even before that. Thanks.

D.

That would be great, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back