DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Jan 25, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #977 of 1,451
The cable on the balanced and SE truth are physically the same

Thanks for your confirmation on that (saves me some time searching this thread as well
biggrin.gif
)

Jan 25, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #979 of 1,451
Dear Friends.

For those of you who may have come across the mini to mini interconnect and are looking for it, thanks!  It will be available on our webstore in a few weeks time. 

For those of you that have come across the Truth cable terminated with different plugs (Westone, MMCX style), I can assure you, those are beta models that were made for testing purposes.  They are not final production versions and they are not for sale just yet.  We have had so many requests to build these cables and honestly, we never set out to be a cable maker.  There are many fine cable makers and suppliers in the market already.  That's the reason why it's taking us so very long just to get these beta models out to people.

There are two things we consider very carefully when deciding if we should supply these cables;
1. The VDH cable we used is developed purely for our use with our driver in mind.  We do not know if it will work well with other earphones.  If it does, great.  If not, users might be disappointed and that could lead them to think that our products aren't as good as they had believed.

2. One of the reasons why we did not make a removable cable in the very beginning was because we didn't think that adding another joint to the cable made any sense at all.  Hard soldering or crimping even is the best joint in hifi cables.  Due to the very small nature of earphones, crimping is just not practical.  In addition, consistent plugging in and out of a cable at a very small junction makes for rapid and immature failure.  That is the reason why we have resisted a removable cable.  For us to make removable cables, we would have to beta test for failure and success rates as it is just impossible for us to test the cables and it's reliability over the myriad of world class earphones that are in the market.

The Truth cable may be available soon but that is all I can say because we are still testing it in real world circumstances.  In addition to lab testing, we also believe strongly in real world testing.  And that takes time.  So for all of those that have been waiting for these, we thank you for your continued support.

My best to all,
D.

Jan 26, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #982 of 1,451
I have had a truth IC in my possesion for quite a while now, being given the privilege to test it long before it hit the market, and I believe some impressions are long overdue. A lot of people have been wondering about these cables, and i thought that my experiences might help give an idea of what one can expect from the iem cable or the interconnect.

I was never really a believer of cables, I heard small differences, but never believed that the differences could be big. This is going to sound cliched, but this changed when i tried the truth IC. To put it bluntly, it is the best interconnect I have ever heard.

The truth IC gives an audible improvement across the board, and is extremely detailed and neutral. The bass on the truth is very tight, and extends deeper than the other interconnects that I have heard. Trebles are very well extended, sparkly and airy. Soundstaging is the largestnof any cable I have heard too. Wide and deep and tall. Layering js also superb. Dynamics are brilliant too, it goes light and effortless when needed, and hits very hard when the song calls for it.

I hope the above description doesnt sound like mindless fanboying, because that is really the way i would describe it. That is not to say thay it is a perfect cable that would suit everyone. The mids of the truth, while very good, very present and detailed, are not presented in a forward manner, and this kight come across as being slightly recessed. It is however, not recessed, simply slightly less forward.

The treble may not be suitable for all too. While it is extremely detailed, airy and extended, some people might find it harsh and fatiguing. I personally find that this is only on poor equipment and material. Otherwise, it is brilliant sounding.

The truth might also lack some warmth for those who prefer a fuller, thicker sound. Its not thin, its very neutral, uncoloured. And technically very brilliant.

The truth IC is very good indeed and can take your setup to the next level. However, it may not be easy to pair. Pair it well though, and it makes for an excellent setup.

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #984 of 1,451
I would love a lightning to usb A in a Truth cable to compare with my Venturecraft 7N interconnect
wink.gif

Dear ExpatinJapan,

I am sorry but Lightning for all it's merits is very difficult to work with reliably.  In addition, Apple has Protocols in place regarding the use of Lightning and the cable specifications must be in line with theirs.  The reality is, there are going to be very few true Lightning MFI (made For Ipod) cables that will be made for audiophiles using audiophile grade cables. 

D.

Jan 29, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #987 of 1,451
I had the luxury of testing the early beta m2m. From what I could remember it had a detail sound but bit on the thin side. The dita cable without the shield is very flexible and quiet durable. I think dita cable pairs great with any warm CIEM that require a more balancing sound with more detail extraction.

I personally cannot wait to order one for S-EM6.

Feb 2, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #988 of 1,451
Questing for the best tips for my DITAs... None of the stock tips are particulalrly perfect. The closest is the large blue narrow outlet ones... Nice seal and the sound is great, but the isolation isn't as good as it could be. I tried some Comply tx500s and those were a bit better, providing the same sound with slightly better isolation, but still not perfect. They are a bit short. Any suggestions?

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum, but frankly, I'm too lazy to search a 66 page thread to see, ha ha.

Feb 2, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #989 of 1,451
I use Ortofon tips. L or LL size (I forget which).

If its isolation you want you need a good fit, the DITAS can be a bit hard to learn how to insert properly, they also have a shortish stem for some people.

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #990 of 1,451
Thanks Expat-

Which model do you use? On the Ortofon website they sell a mixed pack, but it appears they are pretty similar to most of the stock latex tips that come with various IEMs, that is to say, a "hollow" design... Whereas the Ortofon offerings on Amazon appear to be latex as well, but solid, like a foam tip, or the Comply design... Like a solid chunk of latex gel sort of. Here's a link to what I'm talking about. Which kind do you use?

http://www.amazon.com/Ortofon-Large-Replacement-EarBuds-Cushions/dp/B009QUK75S

Edit: realized I'm assuming the Ortofon tips in that link are solid like a foam tip. I think the "gel" description made me assume they are. Dunno if they are or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back