DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Feb 23, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #1,021 of 1,451
Just a quick public "thank you" to Desmond.  I appreciate the follow up email on my purchase (DITA Answer, Truth Edition) and the ear tip suggestions. Good folks making great equipment.  For any fence sitters out there: Buy them.  You wont' regret it.

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #1,023 of 1,451
Dear ExpatinJapan and all our friends,

We know you've all been asking for LL(L) sized tips and double flange tips.  We've been working on those quite fervently in the last few months.  We will keep everyone informed once they become available.  Thanks to all of you for liking the product and for your consistent support. 

D.

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #1,024 of 1,451
Dear ExpatinJapan and all our friends,

We know you've all been asking for LL(L) sized tips and double flange tips.  We've been working on those quite fervently in the last few months.  We will keep everyone informed once they become available.  Thanks to all of you for liking the product and for your consistent support. 

D.

That's cool, and I think many future buyers will definitely appreciate that, but in the mean time, how about offering a more reasonable restocking fee for those who just can't make currently available tips work?

35% equals a restocking fee of $227.15 for the Answer, or $349.65 for the Truth... Bit excessive, isn't it? :xf_eek:

Feb 24, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #1,025 of 1,451
You know what would be nice to see? An Amp from dita audio, a product that they feel best resembles their sound philosophy, perhaps with balance format. 

I am really contemplating to go ahead with dita truth balance option but I don't know what amp to get. 

Feb 24, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #1,026 of 1,451
just got my Dita Truth today, sounds great out of the box. :etysmile: been using multi BA or hybrid for a while and i enjoyed them all but then again DD works best for me.

Feb 25, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #1,027 of 1,451
just got my Dita Truth today, sounds great out of the box.
etysmile.gif
been using multi BA or hybrid for a while and i enjoyed them all but then again DD works best for me.

Congratulations ! Glad to see another Dita's owner happy with his Truth. Hope to read your impressions soon, have fun and enjoy!

Mar 18, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #1,030 of 1,451
I received my Dita Truth last summer; sad to relate I have hardly used them. Burnt in off ear and then discovered I simply could not get a good fit. So far have tried Sony and Comply tips as well as Dita's own.I have not had such a problem before with Etymotic, Shure, Cardas and even the truly huge Laylas (took a bit of fitting but so worthwhile now I've succeeded). I have ordered the Ortofon tips as recommended in earlier posts as I would really like to try them properly. I travel a lot and having a choice of IEM is pleasant. DAPs include iPods, x5, ak240; Dac/amps from Cypherlab, Centrance, Portaphile and others.
Any other suggestions for tips hugely welcome.
Lastly, a general"thank you" for most helpful reviews etc on this forum. When living mostly in rural Gers (trans: deepest middle of nowhere, France) getting a demo is a little tricky!
Regards
Robert

Mar 18, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #1,031 of 1,451
  I received my Dita Truth last summer; sad to relate I have hardly used them. Burnt in off ear and then discovered I simply could not get a good fit. So far have tried Sony and Comply tips as well as Dita's own.I have not had such a problem before with Etymotic, Shure, Cardas and even the truly huge Laylas (took a bit of fitting but so worthwhile now I've succeeded). I have ordered the Ortofon tips as recommended in earlier posts as I would really like to try them properly. I travel a lot and having a choice of IEM is pleasant. DAPs include iPods, x5, ak240; Dac/amps from Cypherlab, Centrance, Portaphile and others.
Any other suggestions for tips hugely welcome.
Lastly, a general"thank you" for most helpful reviews etc on this forum. When living mostly in rural Gers (trans: deepest middle of nowhere, France) getting a demo is a little tricky!
Regards
Robert

Well i haven't had the sort of issues you are but it did take a while to get the fit i was after. Currently i am using JVC Spiral Dots and they are good. Very shortly i will have some Spinfits to try as well. I use large size tips usually with the DITAS since there bore isn't that long and therefore require a shallower fit to get a good seal.

Mar 19, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #1,033 of 1,451
I personally use spinfits with Dita, however the Dita angle and nozzles are a little awkward and short, not to mention the wide pill shape shells. Therefore even with spinfits it's hard for me to achieve a good seal easily with Dita because my ear canals are a little deep. However after achieving a good seal with some effort of tweaking and turning, they sound great and I enjoy them immensely.

I hope the next iteration of Dita shells will have a better fitting design, or maybe they fit well for most people except me? I think I'm not the only one having fit issues

Mar 19, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #1,035 of 1,451
I personally use spinfits with Dita, however the Dita angle and nozzles are a little awkward and short, not to mention the wide pill shape shells. Therefore even with spinfits it's hard for me to achieve a good seal easily with Dita because my ear canals are a little deep. However after achieving a good seal with some effort of tweaking and turning, they sound great and I enjoy them immensely.

I hope the next iteration of Dita shells will have a better fitting design, or maybe they fit well for most people except me? I think I'm not the only one having fit issues

I've heard a number of complaints from people regarding the fit, but personally, they are the best fitting pait of universals i have tried. A lot of others I know feel the same way too.

By this I don't mean that your complaints are invalid, but like you mentioned, like most universals (and maybe more so for the ditas due to the short nozzle) tip rolling is of utmost importance for both fit and tuning of the sound. I personally had a problem of the ditas slipping out of my ear when using the stock tips. However, with the spiral tips, due to the shape (less conical and long) it doesn't slip out over time and holds very well in place. In fact, I dare say that for me, the answer is much more comfortable that my CIEM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back