DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Feb 15, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #1,412 of 1,451
Have to post my impressions too. My reviews almost reaching 1000 words... Can't express how much I love em. What's your source?

Right at this moment, FiiO X7mkii + AM5.

I'll also test them with other sources, like DX200, Opus #1s / #2 and so on, but right now they just arrived :smile_phones:

Amazing sound tho... I was not expecting this

And I was not expecting the comfort. You'd think they aren't this comfy, judging by their shape, but they are uber comfy

Feb 15, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #1,413 of 1,451
Right at this moment, FiiO X7mkii + AM5.

I'll also test them with other sources, like DX200, Opus #1s / #2 and so on, but right now they just arrived :smile_phones:

Amazing sound tho... I was not expecting this

And I was not expecting the comfort. You'd think they aren't this comfy, judging by their shape, but they are uber comfy
Yup the comfort is amazing. The non-removable cable had me worried but the quality is great. All I have for a source is a modded zishan z1 but I'm building a quality cmoy to amp it, hope that works out.
Also burn it in, it really tames that treble peak you feel initially

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #1,414 of 1,451
Yup the comfort is amazing. The non-removable cable had me worried but the quality is great. All I have for a source is a modded zishan z1 but I'm building a quality cmoy to amp it, hope that works out.
Also burn it in, it really tames that treble peak you feel initially

You know, this is the thing that's most stuck in my mind - that non-movable cable. I mean, the whole IEM is so nice, that I feel like the non-removable cable is the only downside to the IEM I can find

To be honest, I don't mind that peak, I was using IE800 before, so I;m used to a strong top end. Somehow, they sound a bit more open than I expected them to, having a very wide feeling to them.

They also seem to have much better comfort that IEMs, and I have a really large collection to compare them to, which is strange given their shape and size.

At the end of the day, I feel that this might be one of the best deals out there, considering its price, comfort and sonic quality, but I need more time to analyse it.

BTW, what does that cable little thing do? There's a white cable portion in some part of it, soon after the 3.5mm plug

Feb 15, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #1,415 of 1,451
BTW, what does that cable little thing do? There's a white cable portion in some part of it, soon after the 3.5mm plug

Well that's to show off the silver cable, of course! :)

On the removable Truth cable, you can see the "window" showing the silver cable and copper cable versions. Kind of cool I think. Serves no functional purpose :)

-Collin-

Feb 15, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #1,416 of 1,451
You know, this is the thing that's most stuck in my mind - that non-movable cable. I mean, the whole IEM is so nice, that I feel like the non-removable cable is the only downside to the IEM I can find

To be honest, I don't mind that peak, I was using IE800 before, so I;m used to a strong top end. Somehow, they sound a bit more open than I expected them to, having a very wide feeling to them.

They also seem to have much better comfort that IEMs, and I have a really large collection to compare them to, which is strange given their shape and size.

At the end of the day, I feel that this might be one of the best deals out there, considering its price, comfort and sonic quality, but I need more time to analyse it.

The cable itself is some secret VDH formula but the original cable had quite a nice look. I assume that Dita didn't want to compromise on mechanical function so they gave it the sturdy coating. They still want to show it off a bit so the little windows there :3. I wouldn't worry bout the non-removable cable since worst case scenario if the cable breaks you could get it recabled since its a relatively simple dynamic driver. I believe there's a workshop in Japan that does it and @twister6 got his non-truth answers recabled by whiplash audio a while back.

They have also taken advantage of the dynamic driver and kept the insertion shallow. You have to give dita kudos on the nozzle angle too it's perfect and the Iems sit flush in my ears.

Feb 15, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #1,417 of 1,451
Well that's to show off the silver cable, of course! :)

On the removable Truth cable, you can see the "window" showing the silver cable and copper cable versions. Kind of cool I think. Serves no functional purpose :)

-Collin-

Thank you!

This is the first time I see something like that

I have to say, the cable does look amazing!

The cable itself is some secret VDH formula but the original cable had quite a nice look. I assume that Dita didn't want to compromise on mechanical function so they gave it the sturdy coating. They still want to show it off a bit so the little windows there :3. I wouldn't worry bout the non-removable cable since worst case scenario if the cable breaks you could get it recabled since its a relatively simple dynamic driver. I believe there's a workshop in Japan that does it and @twister6 got his non-truth answers recabled by whiplash audio a while back.

They have also taken advantage of the dynamic driver and kept the insertion shallow. You have to give dita kudos on the nozzle angle too it's perfect and the Iems sit flush in my ears.

Thank you!

Seems like this will surely become of my favorite IEMs :darthsmile:

I trust the cable is easy to replace and I think that Dita themselves have an amazing service if you want to keep the original cable :L3000:

Feb 15, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #1,418 of 1,451
The re-cable attempt on my non-Truth edition destroyed the IEM and the cable and it went into the trash, unfortunately. I have heard that Whiplash has done it in the past, but I sent them an email to inquire about it and no one ever replied.

In short, your experience may vary if you try to change the cable or replace it. I recommend you be gentle with it and leave it alone :) Or, you can always save up for the Dita Dream with removable cable, which is what I have now.

-Collin-

Feb 25, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #1,419 of 1,451
I am having the answer here

This is the truth edition

This is pure love.

Will post my feelings soon. So far,those are aready up to IE800 / RE2000 levels of detail and clarity :)

I'm thinking of between the Shure 846 and DITA Truth, can you post your impressions of DITA Truth (notably the bass and warmness of the sound)? I have the K3003, so I have all the treble I want, but your input would greatly help my decision.

Feb 25, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #1,420 of 1,451
I'm thinking of between the Shure 846 and DITA Truth, can you post your impressions of DITA Truth (notably the bass and warmness of the sound)? I have the K3003, so I have all the treble I want, but your input would greatly help my decision.

I think that if you already have K3003 and if you love it already, Dita IEMs might be a better match than SE846, as SE846 is really smooth and toned down in treble, while Dita IEMs have an energetic treble.

About the bass, Dita has good amounts of bass, less in amount than ie800, but Dita's bass is extremely quick and can resolve fine details well. The impact is quite nice to my ears as well, providing nice rumble when the songs asks for it.

Dubstep and Electronic feels quite satisfying with Dita Truth, and I'm coming from IE800, so I require some bass to be satisfied :)

For example, testing it right now with Q5 and AMP5, the source is very slightly warm due to AMP5, with the details and texturization of Q5, listening loud to Dita

Metal music like Dope - You Spin Me Round has a nice impact and can give you the impulse to bang your head to the bass line

Gorillaz - Feel good inc - The bass notes that follow the bass guitar have that sweet bass guitar texturization, with not only the bass notes, but also the typical guitar string feeling, making the bass experience quite intriguing. The lowest notes of the sub-bass are not over-expressed but they are very quick and spot-on with their timing.

Infected Mushroom - Where do I belong - The bass at the beginning of the song has both a very nice impact, rumble, but is also quite well ready to move the listener to move his head and whole body to it (please remember, loud listening test)

Incubus - Antrigravity song (Summer Romance) - This song has a very thick and full bass line at the intro, which feels quite nice with Dita Truth, has a niuce rumble and a thick presence when it has to. The other part that intrigues me is the nice cymbal / bells / drums in the song, which bear amazing impact and presence, quite an uplifting and emotional presentation of this song.

Jason Derulo - turning the volume high, you can feel the bass notes hit deep and rumble you as the listener, but they don't go overboard at lesser volumes

The general feeling is that drums and bass guitars are extremely satisfying and excellent in detailing and naturalness, while cymbals are amazingly good in amount and energy, as well as the midrange is in detail and the soundstage :)

If you're coming from K3003, my honest input is that Dita Truth is a better direct upgrade, since Dita Truth has both the treble detail, midrange clarity and emotion, and more bass than K3003, while SE846 is more of a laid back and smooth IEM (I wouldn't upgrade to SE846 from ie800 or K3003 due to maybe lack of treble presence, I also find ie800's bass to be enough)

As for compared to ie800, I think that Dita Truth extracts more details from music, there's some stuff going on in Incubus - Nebula isn't there with ie800 (I know this song better than most people know the inside of their mouths).

When it comes to their bass, I'd sat that it isn't lacking in any way.

Feb 25, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #1,421 of 1,451
I think that if you already have K3003 and if you love it already, Dita IEMs might be a better match than SE846, as SE846 is really smooth and toned down in treble, while Dita IEMs have an energetic treble.

About the bass, Dita has good amounts of bass, less in amount than ie800, but Dita's bass is extremely quick and can resolve fine details well. The impact is quite nice to my ears as well, providing nice rumble when the songs asks for it.

Dubstep and Electronic feels quite satisfying with Dita Truth, and I'm coming from IE800, so I require some bass to be satisfied :)

For example, testing it right now with Q5 and AMP5, the source is very slightly warm due to AMP5, with the details and texturization of Q5, listening loud to Dita

Metal music like Dope - You Spin Me Round has a nice impact and can give you the impulse to bang your head to the bass line

Gorillaz - Feel good inc - The bass notes that follow the bass guitar have that sweet bass guitar texturization, with not only the bass notes, but also the typical guitar string feeling, making the bass experience quite intriguing. The lowest notes of the sub-bass are not over-expressed but they are very quick and spot-on with their timing.

Infected Mushroom - Where do I belong - The bass at the beginning of the song has both a very nice impact, rumble, but is also quite well ready to move the listener to move his head and whole body to it (please remember, loud listening test)

Incubus - Antrigravity song (Summer Romance) - This song has a very thick and full bass line at the intro, which feels quite nice with Dita Truth, has a niuce rumble and a thick presence when it has to. The other part that intrigues me is the nice cymbal / bells / drums in the song, which bear amazing impact and presence, quite an uplifting and emotional presentation of this song.

Jason Derulo - turning the volume high, you can feel the bass notes hit deep and rumble you as the listener, but they don't go overboard at lesser volumes

The general feeling is that drums and bass guitars are extremely satisfying and excellent in detailing and naturalness, while cymbals are amazingly good in amount and energy, as well as the midrange is in detail and the soundstage :)

If you're coming from K3003, my honest input is that Dita Truth is a better direct upgrade, since Dita Truth has both the treble detail, midrange clarity and emotion, and more bass than K3003, while SE846 is more of a laid back and smooth IEM (I wouldn't upgrade to SE846 from ie800 or K3003 due to maybe lack of treble presence, I also find ie800's bass to be enough)

As for compared to ie800, I think that Dita Truth extracts more details from music, there's some stuff going on in Incubus - Nebula isn't there with ie800 (I know this song better than most people know the inside of their mouths).

When it comes to their bass, I'd sat that it isn't lacking in any way.
Wow, fantastic response, thanks! I do love gorillaz, 2Pac but on the K3003, it just feels hollow. The treble harshness even makes the Killers unlistenable. I have the same feeling with metal bands such as Rage Against the Machine, and System of the Down (just doesn't sound right on the K3K). Thanks for your response, this seals the deal on me getting the DITA Truth.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #1,422 of 1,451
@kp297 - Did you get them in the end? :)

BTW, Dita Truth is pure love for the ears!

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.ro/2018/04/Dita-Truth-Absolute-Precision.html

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dita-audio-the-answer-truth-edition.20054/reviews#review-20249

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-Dita-Answer-Truth-Edition-Photo-22.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-Dita-Answer-Truth-Edition-Photo-03.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-Dita-Answer-Truth-Edition-Photo-14.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-Dita-Answer-Truth-Edition-Photo-16.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-Dita-Answer-Truth-Edition-Photo-17.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-Dita-Answer-Truth-Edition-Photo-28.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-Dita-Answer-Truth-Edition-Photo-29.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-Dita-Answer-Truth-Edition-Photo-24.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-Dita-Answer-Truth-Edition-Photo-21.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-Dita-Answer-Truth-Edition-Photo-27.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-Dita-Answer-Truth-Edition-Photo-30.jpg

Apr 28, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #1,423 of 1,451
Hey, thanks for asking! I had a chance to audition them at the local hifi store (one of the customers owns a pair). I compared them against the SE846, and while the Truth was a more capable headphone, I had a lot more fun with the SE846. The sonic qualities of the DITA were similar to the K3003, so I elected to get a 'fun' IEM, rather than upgrading from the K3K. The DITA's are definitely on my list however, as I don't possess a DD IEM.

Apr 28, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #1,424 of 1,451
Hey, thanks for asking! I had a chance to audition them at the local hifi store (one of the customers owns a pair). I compared them against the SE846, and while the Truth was a more capable headphone, I had a lot more fun with the SE846. The sonic qualities of the DITA were similar to the K3003, so I elected to get a 'fun' IEM, rather than upgrading from the K3K. The DITA's are definitely on my list however, as I don't possess a DD IEM.

That's interesting!

I hope you have lots of fun with all your IEMs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back